• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zen habitat 4x2x2

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone!
I am ordering a zen habitat 4x2x2 for my beardie and was looking for lighting suggestions! I currently have a tube t8 uvb mounted in my tank and a basking light (75watt) that puts my basking area at 100. I check it often with a temperature gun. I’m worried with the extra height I won’t be able to get my basking temperature right and was wondering what you all use for lighting! Any suggestions will be great and highly appreciated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone!
I am ordering a zen habitat 4x2x2 for my beardie and was looking for lighting suggestions! I currently have a tube t8 uvb mounted in my tank and a basking light (75watt) that puts my basking area at 100. I check it often with a temperature gun. I’m worried with the extra height I won’t be able to get my basking temperature right and was wondering what you all use for lighting! Any suggestions will be great and highly appreciated!
Your going to need to upgrade the UVB from the T 8 to a T 5 -- the distance for a T 8 is too far so you want the UVB w/ a longer range for rays --- the UVB will need to go into the tank like the T 8 but the distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece - start w/ a 100 watt bright white basking bulb its going to be trial and error w/ bulbs - please get 2 digital probe thermometers one for your basking side and one for the cool side - IR guns are good I use 3 gauges the probes the stick ons and the IR gun- IR guns do not read off of hammocks so if your going to use a hammock you want a digital probe - stick on are good for ambient temps ONLY - I have two basking areas set up in Blazes tank one under the UVB that temps are in the 90's a 75 watt bulb is used there and the basking side in the back there is a 100 watt there used in the summer in the winter it goes to a 150 watt - the piece of decor used under that bulb gives gradient heat so he can pick spots where the temps are different -
IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
In my zen, I have a dual fixture for my basking bulbs that came with the 40 gal bearded dragon terrarium kit I bought. I have a 100 watt, and a 50 watt, they seem to heat the warm side of the enclosure perfectly.
20210905_224721.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In my zen, I have a dual fixture for my basking bulbs that came with the 40 gal bearded dragon terrarium kit I bought. I have a 100 watt, and a 50 watt, they seem to heat the warm side of the enclosure perfectly.View attachment 29912
Where is the UVB and what are you using?