• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worms?

ReptarTheLizard9

Hatchling Dragon
Right now where I live there is a cricket shortage, I have only been able to get mealworms and calci worms though my beardie does not eat the calci worms. She will eat meal worms and I have give her three today and she is still hungry. I can’t get crickets till Tuesday and she is only a baby, what should I feed her? what worms are okay to eat? What should I do?!

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Keep trying to get her to eat the calci worms, since that's the most nutritious thing you can offer at the moment. If you can get fast shipping, try picking up some Repashy Grub Pie-it's not the best, but it's nutritious. I believe someone actually raised their beardie with Repashy as the main diet, though it's not recommended.

You can also check a pet store for canned crickets or silkworms (you might have to cut them up). They aren't ideal, but it's better than nothing.

The mealworms should only be fed if it's an absolute emergency since they won't give her much protein.

ReptarTheLizard9

Hatchling Dragon
Keep trying to get her to eat the calci worms, since that's the most nutritious thing you can offer at the moment. If you can get fast shipping, try picking up some Repashy Grub Pie-it's not the best, but it's nutritious. I believe someone actually raised their beardie with Repashy as the main diet, though it's not recommended.

You can also check a pet store for canned crickets or silkworms (you might have to cut them up). They aren't ideal, but it's better than nothing.

The mealworms should only be fed if it's an absolute emergency since they won't give her much protein.
Okay, the only crickets at the store were the pre packaged ones but there were so many dead ones inside and it smelled awful so I’d decided against it, thanks for your help I will definitely check those things out!

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
Okay, the only crickets at the store were the pre packaged ones but there were so many dead ones inside and it smelled awful so I’d decided against it, thanks for your help I will definitely check those things out!
Crickets aren't particularly great either as they often carry parasites. You should look into getting a roach colony; once up and running, it will be very healthy for your lizard and very cheap for you. Most people do Dubias but personally, I like Discoids because they drop more babies in less time, put on weight faster, and mature sooner.