• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WORMS IN MEAL CRICKETS?!?!?!

Chesse18

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, so I'm kind of freaking out here. So I usually get my meal crickets from the pets store, and I have never had an issue. I buy them weekly, 6 dozen at a time. I noticed this last batch I bought yesterday were slow moving, some were dead, etc. I thought maybe it's because I left them in the hot car in the bag too long (done that before, my bad) but when I fed my two baby beardies this morning, Badass and Arya, I noticed there was a small worm thing (maybe a larva of some sort? Almost looked like a miniature maggot..) crawling on the body of the dead cricket that dropped out of the feeder tube with the other crickets. Should I be concerned on my beardies eating them, or will they only be harmful to my crickets but beneficial nutrition wise for my beardies? I'm concerned about their health. Right now there is nothing wrong visibly with either of them but I only started feeding them this batch of crickets last night.