• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wooden terrariums

jager

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a wooden terrarium? I live in southern Ontario and have been googling terrariums for what seems like hours and haven't found anywhere that sells them here. Also, any thoughts on wooden terrariums? They certainly look nice, but are they better/worse then glass? I am a new beardie owner and still have much to learn about them and how not to stress myself out over lighting, set-up, food, poop etc. LOL[emoji1]
Any info/suggestions would be hugely appreciated. Thank you :)

Kiersa

Hatchling Dragon
I don't know where to buy them, but there is a ton of DIY info out there on how to build your own. I myself use a 75 gallon tank, two ceramic heat lamps and the zoo-med 160wt mercury vapor bulb. This light is most like natural sunlight.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm not sure where to get a wooden tank. They sure do look nice but I would feel bad that my beardies only have one place to look out at the world. Dexter and Luci are so curious and always want to know what is going on, I would think they would feel claustrophobic in a wooden tank.