• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wooden enclosure suggestions

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
so i just went out and bought most of the supplies for a 4x2x2 enclosure and i have a couple questions. is it okay to mount the basking bulb and the UVB inside the enclosure given how tall it is? i got 2 pieces of 16x20 glass that are going to be sliding doors and a track (will provide pictures if needed) and was wondering any ideas on how to mount them on the front? and besides the obvious paper towels, repticarpet, and ceramic tiles any other substrate suggestions? i want someone to make it a bit more interesting before i can make it bio active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The lights can be mounted inside just make sure that with your decorations, your beardie can't reach the lights. If you are going to eventually make it bio active, you need to make sure to seal the wood with something to protect it from the humidity.

baldegale14

Juvenile Dragon
The lights can be mounted inside just make sure that with your decorations, your beardie can't reach the lights. If you are going to eventually make it bio active, you need to make sure to seal the wood with something to protect it from the humidity.

i already knew the sealing part, i have a tortoise tank thats double the size and i have to use soaked coco coir as the substrate i was wondering if i could use it for the beardie too actually. i figured with the the tank being 2ft tall which is i think 6+ inches taller than the 40 breeder i should be good with putting a light in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk