• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will my female still mate if already pregnant?

DragonLadyWasTaken

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well the title kind of explains it all, but here is some more info.

I have a two bearded dragons, male and female, that I have finally decided to mate as I already have a handful of people requesting to purchase babies from me. This is my first time breeding, and have been researching it non-stop since I finally made the decision; and there seems to be no answer to my question anywhere that I can find. It has been about two weeks since I first put them together to start breeding (I move her to her separate viv during the night and whenever I am not in the house), up until two days ago I had not caught them in the act, and I have seen no real change in my female. Now whenever I put them together they don't mate, they just sit an bask together, or lick each-other, only after the male asserts dominance of course. Is this a sign that she is pregnant? Or would they continue to copulate even after she has become gravid?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
First of all I love your screen name! Second, I really don't know the answer to your question. I've never mated mine nor do I plan to so i'm not really sure what happens when she becomes gravid.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sorry - i dont know nuthin. HE may try to continue mating. SHE may not let him. (males ----)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yea sorry don't know anything about this side of things.. Good luck