• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why is she green?

Abby.Carlton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can someone tell me why she would be green under her neck down by her are. It is coming off with her shed. You can't really tell in thr pictures that she is green. Tia...

Attachments

• 20211202_191939.jpg
    20211202_191939.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 22
  • 20211202_192035.jpg
    20211202_192035.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20211202_192125.jpg
    20211202_192125.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20211202_192125.jpg
    20211202_192125.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 25

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can someone tell me why she would be green under her neck down by her are. It is coming off with her shed. You can't really tell in thr pictures that she is green. Tia...
The scales look black in the pic-- I have someone else looking at them I am not sure--- in the meantime I would replace the substrate in the tank w/ something that is not loose --- reason being the most is loose substrate is harder to clean and it harbors bacteria and the next it is a good risk for impaction --- if you need ideas for substrate please let me know I can give you some --

Abby.Carlton

Bearded Dragon Egg
The scales look black in the pic-- I have someone else looking at them I am not sure--- in the meantime I would replace the substrate in the tank w/ something that is not loose --- reason being the most is loose substrate is harder to clean and it harbors bacteria and the next it is a good risk for impaction --- if you need ideas for substrate please let me know I can give you some --
She is in a bioactive tank. She had been in one for over 1.5 years. The green is coming off with her shed. You really can't see thr green bc of the lighting in her tank.

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
Honestly whenever my snakes would shed the skin that was sloughing off looked yellowish like it does in your pictures but I’ve never seen green. When my Beardie sheds it’s never in large pieces so it’s hard for me to tell. But the juicier and larger the skin that comes off the more yellow it looks. I think it’s the liquid layer in between the two sets of skin - active and dead. I can’t see green in your picture though. Did it disappear with the shed or is it on the new layer, too?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is in a bioactive tank. She had been in one for over 1.5 years. The green is coming off with her shed. You really can't see thr green bc of the lighting in her tank.
I had some one look at her and this is what they said
Wait until the shed is done, can't see clearly what the surrounding area looks like to compare.