• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to get ALL-BLACK beardie?

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
Title speaks for itself but here in the next 6-12 months I am looking to get a 2nd bearded dragon. I am looking for an all black(or mostly black) bearded dragon.
P1000096.JPG

We just love our Charlie so much. I never thought I'd be a reptile guy(always had dogs) but as it turns out it is incredibly satisfying taking care of him and my whole family has grown to love him. It's been amazing watching him grow and mature from the tiny baby we purchased at the end of June into the large majestic dragon he's become in since we got him.
20200628_204926.jpg20200718_233917.jpg20200923_194249.jpg20201020_184727.jpg

Would you believe that we originally bought him as a birthday present for our daughter and now she couldn't be bothered to look at him at all. He's become my baby.

My plans have shifted from. Buying one Zen 4x2x2 and I will be purchasing two of them with the stacking spacers.

I would love to have a black bearded dragon. Obviously any color or pattern would due but if I could choose, I'd really like a black or mostly black dragon to add to the family.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I believe that was the all-black "Darth Vader" bearded dragon, who just happened to have some weird genetics and stuff that led to being that color. As far as I know, it's a once in a million thing that would be extremely expensive or even priceless to buy. The all-black dragon was produced by Bloodbank Dragons, you can see photos of him in their gallery. I doubt they'll be able to produce more. I can't find much info on him, but I assume they're holding him back from that clutch since he's so unique.
The eastern bearded dragon is a much darker color than the central ones, or you could go for a dark red beardie instead if you want a dark beardie.

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I believe that was the all-black "Darth Vader" bearded dragon, who just happened to have some weird genetics and stuff that led to being that color. As far as I know, it's a once in a million thing that would be extremely expensive or even priceless to buy. The all-black dragon was produced by Bloodbank Dragons, you can see photos of him in their gallery. I doubt they'll be able to produce more. I can't find much info on him, but I assume they're holding him back from that clutch since he's so unique.
The eastern bearded dragon is a much darker color than the central ones, or you could go for a dark red beardie instead if you want a dark beardie.
A quick Google search yields no results on where one could buy an Eastern beardie. I'm still a little ways off from being able to comfortably take care of two beardies but I will continue my search. I will be starting a new job on Monday that pays significantly more.

Recommendations would be appreciated if anybody knows where I could find an Eastern beardie

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
A quick Google search yields no results on where one could buy an Eastern beardie. I'm still a little ways off from being able to comfortably take care of two beardies but I will continue my search. I will be starting a new job on Monday that pays significantly more.

Recommendations would be appreciated if anybody knows where I could find an Eastern beardie
They're pretty hard to find, your best option is to check out a herp show when they open or do some digging on Google.