• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where to find good price Dubia

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
My Beardie absolutely loves dubia! But it is hard to find them in bulk without having to order them every week. I am planning on starting my own colony in the summer but I was wondering if any one had any good websites they order from?

Dragon Tamer 28

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've had my dragon for about 2 months so still new. Would love to hear about other options, I have ordered from dubiaroches, All about feeders, and the critter depot with no problems.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From what I have priced out www.dubiaroaches.com has the best prices on roaches-- I have gotten most if not all from them -- they have colony starter kits as well -- try there

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
My Beardie absolutely loves dubia! But it is hard to find them in bulk without having to order them every week. I am planning on starting my own colony in the summer but I was wondering if any one had any good websites they order from?
There are no good prices for Dubia from commercial or for profit persons because they grow so slowly. If you pay for Dubia to feed to your adult beardy, you're probably going to be paying a few dollars per meal. If you live in a major city, I recommend combing Craigslist and nearby Craigslist every day for someone leaving the reptile hobby to unload his whole massive working colony on you for $40-$150. You need to be diligent and react fast because established colonies for good prices are snapped up fast. If you start your own with a breeder kit (something like 6 males, 18 females), it will take you a year before you can feed off so even if you have to be patient for weeks/months and eventually drive several hours, you should still get the established colony because that can save you a year's worth of waiting and paying for feeders.

If you absolutely must start your own colony because you live in the middle of nowhere and there are like 12 people posting on Craigslist within 100 miles, I recommend ordering Discoids to start with because they put on weight much faster and produce nymphs at a rate of ~3x that of Dubia though they are more expensive up front.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Id get ur colony started, its an investment for shure, but better in the long run.

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
There are no good prices for Dubia from commercial or for profit persons because they grow so slowly. If you pay for Dubia to feed to your adult beardy, you're probably going to be paying a few dollars per meal. If you live in a major city, I recommend combing Craigslist and nearby Craigslist every day for someone leaving the reptile hobby to unload his whole massive working colony on you for $40-$150. You need to be diligent and react fast because established colonies for good prices are snapped up fast. If you start your own with a breeder kit (something like 6 males, 18 females), it will take you a year before you can feed off so even if you have to be patient for weeks/months and eventually drive several hours, you should still get the established colony because that can save you a year's worth of waiting and paying for feeders.

If you absolutely must start your own colony because you live in the middle of nowhere and there are like 12 people posting on Craigslist within 100 miles, I recommend ordering Discoids to start with because they put on weight much faster and produce nymphs at a rate of ~3x that of Dubia though they are more expensive up front.
Thank you for the information! I am planning to start my Colony this summer when it’s a little warmer and I’ll definitely check out Craigslist.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve looked them up before but do you know if they sell more than 50 my Beardie loves them and will go through so much!
Yes they sell a lot I have ordered 200 at a time -- they are very good I have been ordering from here for years -- Make sure your feeding salads as well -- how old is the dragon young? Feed him other things as well like another staple feeder BSFL or silk worms they are kinda spendy but dragons love them and gives them variety --

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Yes they sell a lot I have ordered 200 at a time -- they are very good I have been ordering from here for years -- Make sure your feeding salads as well -- how old is the dragon young? Feed him other things as well like another staple feeder BSFL or silk worms they are kinda spendy but dragons love them and gives them variety --
Mine Beardie is still young (they never get us an exact age of course) but he is defiantly under a year. I feed him salads every day but he refused to eat bsfl or silkworms! Only crickets and dubia

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine Beardie is still young (they never get us an exact age of course) but he is defiantly under a year. I feed him salads every day but he refused to eat bsfl or silkworms! Only crickets and dubia
Ok you can try some horn worms and butter worms -- you can get them from here
www.mulberryfarms.com spendy on shipping they ship Fed Ex -- order small amounts of hornworms they grow REALLY FAST they are a good hydrating worm -- butter worms are good and soft --