• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where does your beardie sleep?

Arushingmd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've only had Jenny a few days, but she previously has been sleeping on her basking wood. Tonight she's down sleeping on the floor. Is that normal?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well that depends on time of day is she doing this during the day or during evening night hours? Have you checked your temps if it's during the day maybe they are too hot.
I know with my Izzy she will bask most of the day then she will often go down and sleep under her log on her warm side and once nighttime come she moves over to her cool hide.

Arushingmd

Bearded Dragon Egg
This was late evening, right before lights out. She's never fallen asleep when the lights are on either. I'm just marginally paranoid because it's a rescue situation and I worry about her health. She has a vet visit scheduled next week, maybe I'll calm down after that, lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine usually fall asleep for the night wherever they are when the lights go out. It doesn't matter if it's the hot or cold side or if it's even a comfortable place, they just go to sleep!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well it sounds like to me is she is getting comfortable with where she is enough to sleep right there on the floor.. Izzy will go to sleep WAY before her lights go out lol She is usually on her log under her basking light or in her hammock right next to her basking log sound asleep. Thats when I go to her and say "Izzy...you wanna come out and sleep?" she opens her eyes until I pick her up and as soon as she's on my chest her body goes limp :) She stays on my chest covered with a fleece until I put her under her cool hide log once lights go out. lol

skip7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our little fella sleeps on the end of his basking log with his arms and legs stretched out.

Attachments

• 2016-03-12 21.07.12.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29