• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

when is a dragon an adult, to switch feeding schedule?

gala

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Everyone,

My bearded dragons are almost six months old now, and housed together in a very large vivarium (more than two of everything so they have a lot of space to choose from - and choose to be together most of the time). Together they eat two overflowing salads daily, and also 20 to 25 crickets between them. I dust the crickets and pour about half in the salad and the other half scatter and are hunted and devoured within 10 minutes. I feed the crickets in two servings over the day.

so I am pretty sure that my dragons are getting enough food and variety, but how do I know when they are considered adult enough to start reducing the crickets and adding more salads? or should I start feeding crickets every second day?

Looking forward to hearing how you have done it!

p.s. first vet check up next week : )

gala

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hmm, I did the math and actually they are getting 100 crickets over three days (that's what I buy)...so that works out to about 16 each daily. still doesn't seem like a lot but they are pooping well and growing and seem healthy and alert...