• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What wattage bulb should I use for my 3ftx12"x15" enclosure?

Jiminycrickets

Bearded Dragon Egg
What wattage bulb should I use for my wooden (with glass sliding doors) 3ft x 12" x 15" enclosure? For both basking (basking bulb of course) and night (I'm going to be using a ceramic heating bulb) if possible!

Also how do I go about attaching my uvb tube into my enclosure (basically neèd help with tube light fixtures, UK)

Jiminycrickets

Bearded Dragon Egg
You will need a Arcadia 12 % bulb ---- is your tank a 30 gallon tank ? If it is I highly recommend getting a bigger one ASAP -- you need nothing smaller than a 40 and I recommend a 75 -120 gallon for a full adult dragon --- in the mean time if this is correct a 30 gallon you will need it to sit on top of tank w/ NO screen - a Arcadia 12% bulb for UVB and 12-15 inches from his basking spot -- and unless that tank is dropping below 65 at nite you will not need a CHE -- you will need a bright white basking bulb of about 75 watt make sure you have a digital probe thermometer on hand to get basking temp of where he is sitting -- you do not want to burn him up -- basking temps for a baby 105-110 ---
Hi yes thank you! I'm just preparing for a little baby beardie and will be upgrading as soon as I find a bigger tank - just want what's best for my lil dude Not too sure if I'll need the CHE since it is wooden and it doesn't get terribly cold in my room (although I do live in England and it can get very cold very quickly) but I might buy one just in case.
If you do have any helpful tips on installing the UVB tube or can link anything thatg will help, that'd be awesome! (Thanks again)