• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What Morph (if any) is this girl?

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm new to the group, so sorry if this isn't the right place!

Sorry for the bad pics! She was surrendered to a local pet store and was considering getting her. She's beautiful! She looks healthy with no noticeable hips, but any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sincerely

Hopeful Beardie Owner

Attachments

• IMG951826.jpg
    IMG951826.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG951828.jpg
    IMG951828.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG951827.jpg
    IMG951827.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG951825.jpg
    IMG951825.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG951829.jpg
    IMG951829.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 211

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Karrie,

That is definitely the case. I've read many horror stories relating to petsmart/petco information. Fortunately, this store is actually a locally owned and operated store that cares a great deal for their animals. She was very alert and curious, and easy to handle. I know sand substrate is also a bad choice, correct? Or, given her age, is there any risk of impaction? If not sand, then what do you recommend? Any particular enclosures you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance!!

Ryan

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Karrie,

I was looking at the Exo Terra 36x18x18 (I think that's ~50 gallons) with the dual doors in the front. Is this big enough for the beardie to be very happy? The goal is that my wife and I will have her out of her cage a couple of nights a week for up to an hour at most. (less to start to make sure she stays comfortable and warm).

I want to get the setup maybe tonight and have it running for a week or so to make sure I can regulate properly before introducing her.

Assuming I use the 36x18x18 - any recommendations for which reptisun tube to get? Is this the only light I need? Also, since she is an adult it's 80% veggies and 20% insects right? I need to do more research on amount to feed and how often to feed what for sure. The goal is to go and get her next weekend. They're asking $200, and that seems to actually be q good deal for a fully grown female morph. Do you agree? As far as the tile base, is there any sort of pet equivalent? I.E. Repti carpet or what have you.

Thank you so much for all of your help.

I'm sure I'll continue to need more!!

Ryan

Thank you!!

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's super helpful. Thank you so much! Although the holy crap was slightly ambiguous for a novice such as myself

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
So $200 is too much? I actually believe they would negotiate if I had any logic to counter with lol

And btw, yes I have other pets - 3 dogs and a rat - but they would not be interacting

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
Karrie,

I definitely understand. The happiness and well being is always the first priority. I'm not uncomfortable paying $200 since that was likely to be the case anyways, but I wanted to make sure it's not OUTRAGEOUS. Does that make sense? I feel like if I told them I'd give them $150 and would buy $100 in additional merchandise for the beardie, they would likely consent.

Ryan Beeler

Bearded Dragon Egg
The real premium worthy part is that I get to see her and hold her ahead of time, and also there is no shipping. Most juveniles are $150-$200 for traditional morphs + $35-75 for shipping. From what I can tell, the adults are more expensive still. At least that's what I'm finding anyways