• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this on my bp’s eye?

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
EBB935B2-0AE8-4495-8A19-6D44CD42AD3C.jpeg 50E095FE-BACD-4273-AE87-6EDA33CD5EBE.jpeg 2F64770A-C5C7-43EC-83F7-C08C59F9CBCE.jpeg EBE32B05-1B80-4C87-AE3B-2C9141C45ED5.jpeg So we’ve had our rescue girl, Vera, for a couple of months now and have had three successful F/T feeds with her. I have let her roam around my room before, but her last owner never held her, so she’s fairly timid. Though I’ve held her and done cursory looks at her, yesterday was the first day I’ve really held her and looked her over. I noticed a weird vertical line on her left eye. I haven’t noticed it before, but it’s possible that it could have been there a few days with me missing it. It almost looks like a hair across the eye. It doesn’t look like any retained eyecaps I’ve seen on other snakes. There’s no bluriness or wrinkly look to it, and she hasn’t shed since she’s been with me. I looked around online and can’t find anything quite like it. I did my best to get photos while my hubby held her. I was thinking someone here might have a thought about it. Any ideas?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I can’t see it too good, is it kinda like cloudy? Some my frogs have a white splotches on their eyes and someone told me it was because of a fatty diet. They only eat dubia and the very rare soft worm when I have small ones, so I don’t really know what it is. It doesn’t really affect their sight at all.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
It’s not cloudy, it’s just like a vertical white line. It looks kind of raised. It’s hard to photograph.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's strange I've not seen that before I've been around alot of snakes in my past.. so she hasn't shed her eyecaps or body yet with you right? So maybe it's going to and fingers crossed with this next shed the lines won't be there.????

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Correct, she hasn't shed with me. And this hasn't been here since I first got her, it just popped up. I was kind of thinking the same way, just hoping she'll shed soon and this will be gone (she doesn't look like she's gearing up for a shed). I've never seen this before, either, though I don't have tons of experience with snakes. But I've had my boa for more than 8 years, so it isn't like I have zero experience, either. I keep her in a sterilite tub with paper towels for substrate, so she doesn't have loose substrate that can get in her eye. I was wondering if she could have scratched it on a hide, but it doesn't look like a scratch. It's just weird.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Quick update: Vera just shed, and her eye now looks perfect! I’m so relieved. That was just bizarre.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So glad that she's better now, that was weird.