• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What does it mean when ur bearded dragon blows out his beard and opens his mouth

Shaneastep

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
he has been acting really werid the past day or so. but before that i took him everywhere with me and he just sat on my shirt and had fun.. and the smorning i took him outside with me and he fricked out he blow his beard out and opened his mouth like he was gonna bit me.. i just dont understand y?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he is opening his mouth while in his tank is it called gaping. It is their way to regular their body temperatures. Is he doing this all the time? If so, temps coud be off.

Outside open mouth and blown beard is normally due to the natural sunlight. When they first start going out they can exhibit this behavior.

Other than that behavior, he is acting fine?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i took him outside with me and he fricked out he blow his beard out and opened his mouth like he was gonna bit me

This statement makes me think something scared him. A bird flying by / a noise. It couldve been anything moving suddenly or unexpectedly. Mine does this when she is startled. :eek: