• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com!

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Looks like a big girl! Can you give us a quick rundown (and maybe even pics) of your setup? Basking light, UVB type, brand, age, temps on hot and cool side, how measured, substrate, diet...

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hello and welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com! We strive to provide a free and family-friendly place for the discussion of all things related to bearded dragon care. Please take a minute to tell use about yourself and your pets or your interest in a new pet. I think you will find our community both helpful and friendly!

Best,

Josh
Hi -
I'm new here, and I have a new baby Beardie named Slim Jim. I had another Beardie about 20 years ago, who lived to be 9 years old. I'm hoping with the abundance of information available these days, this new little guy will do even better.

Attachments

• Slim Jim.jpg
    Slim Jim.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 32

6tondragonfly

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com! We strive to provide a free and family-friendly place for the discussion of all things related to bearded dragon care. Please take a minute to tell use about yourself and your pets or your interest in a new pet. I think you will find our community both helpful and friendly!

Best,

Josh

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome!

New here and new to bearded dragons. I just bought my son a nice little leatherback last weekend, which he named Jeremy. Since my son is only with me every other week, I take care of his beardy for half the time. So I'm here to learn and share my experiences.

My other pets are a saltwater aquarium with fish, invertebrates and live coral. This is my first venture into the world of reptiles. I'm enjoying my son's beardy so much I'm already planning getting one of my own!

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome! I’m glad you’re enjoying little Jeremy. They definitely steal our hearts!

Valerie Vitticeps

Bearded Dragon Egg

Best,

Josh
Thank you Josh!

Jason Kolb

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all. Just got my 15yr old a fancy bearded dragon. The setup we currently have for a baby bearded is a 20gallon tank, matting on the floor, large branch, hide rock, digital thermometer, zoo med 12” good w/ 5.0 uvb light, mini combo deep done dual lamp with 100w basking light on one side, and I’m not using the nocturnal infrared heat lamp as I read they are bad. Right now I have the basking light and uvb on from 8am until 5pm and the temp in the basket spot only gets as high as 84f. What can I do to raise the basking temp?

Attachments

• D2B23AFF-95C8-40CE-8CDC-8DB62FCEC22B.jpeg
    D2B23AFF-95C8-40CE-8CDC-8DB62FCEC22B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • A18ED891-74BF-47A4-A7ED-98DA9B19CC11.jpeg
    A18ED891-74BF-47A4-A7ED-98DA9B19CC11.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17

Smitty

Bearded Dragon Egg

Best,

Josh

I just signed up and am trying to figure out this site. how can I start my own discussion and ask for advice from members?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I just signed up and am trying to figure out this site. how can I start my own discussion and ask for advice from members?
Pick a topic and either at the very top right of the page or bottom right, there is a link that says post new thread.

Smitty

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks
I did that, now just waiting for some replies, just need some advice as I rescued a 3 year old and he is having some issues. I am trying to learn all I can but its a LOT to take in ! I previously owned an iguana and a newt, currently have a leopard gecko but first time with a bearded

Gerald Smith

Hatchling Dragon
2FCD339C-C377-4901-849C-72D19F6F7EA3.jpeg
F4105D1F-C2BB-4961-A8A3-384408C8A776.jpeg
Hello everyone! I just got a beardie yesterday and I’m excited about having him and meeting other owners. This is my first one so any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated!

krissyw84

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning! Just got a bearded dragon yesterday. I’m new to them so I can use some advice. Got the 40 gallon zoo med kit and bought a couple of things for him/her to climb on. Woke up this morning and thought it was dead! Scared me so bad. But I turned his light on and now he’s moving again. Whew! My 5 year old would’ve been heart broken!

Attachments

• 66D9E2D7-A601-491B-AF30-40DC654E6DFA.jpeg
    66D9E2D7-A601-491B-AF30-40DC654E6DFA.jpeg
    900.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 99EE9A10-ECA7-4125-A374-43B8E1C1AD6A.jpeg
    99EE9A10-ECA7-4125-A374-43B8E1C1AD6A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18

Smitty

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning
I’m a new beardie owner as well
When I first got my dragon he did the same thing
It’s like when the temps go down nighttime they are almost hibernating (semi brumation maybe?) lol
I try and read all the new threads as I am learning as well
How’s he doing now today ?

Gerald Smith

Hatchling Dragon
Good morning! Just got a bearded dragon yesterday. I’m new to them so I can use some advice. Got the 40 gallon zoo med kit and bought a couple of things for him/her to climb on. Woke up this morning and thought it was dead! Scared me so bad. But I turned his light on and now he’s moving again. Whew! My 5 year old would’ve been heart broken!
Yeah they are cold blooded and really need the heat to give them “energy “. Also it may be getting used to it’s new home and may not be as active until it adjusts.

Stutters

Bearded Dragon Egg
20190524_195622.jpg

Best,

Josh

Hello!

Family is new to the beardie life, Mushu was added to the family in February. I believe he is now 5 months /17in Loves collards, dubis and dosent care for crickets.

He is now is a 50gal, both basking and UVB spot gets a little over 100 and his tank remains at 75. No night heat source added yet because He sleeps in a basket with a blanket off to the side of our bed with a heating blanket arched over on low

He is Picky, gravitates towards downy dryer sheets and hates his poop. He accidentally pooped on a small part of his blanket and missed the napkin. He was so upset. Didn't know they could get upset about their poop the way this little guy does.

Attached a photo of his morning stretches besides the lounge pose this is my fave.

Leanne Rager

Bearded Dragon Egg
View attachment 20304

Hello!

Family is new to the beardie life, Mushu was added to the family in February. I believe he is now 5 months /17in Loves collards, dubis and dosent care for crickets.

He is now is a 50gal, both basking and UVB spot gets a little over 100 and his tank remains at 75. No night heat source added yet because He sleeps in a basket with a blanket off to the side of our bed with a heating blanket arched over on low

He is Picky, gravitates towards downy dryer sheets and hates his poop. He accidentally pooped on a small part of his blanket and missed the napkin. He was so upset. Didn't know they could get upset about their poop the way this little guy does.

Attached a photo of his morning stretches besides the lounge pose this is my fave.
He looks like my guy Kevin. They do have lots of personality.