• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird solid in beardie poop

cosmoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
There is a weird splinter/tendril-like solid in my bearded dragon's poop. Nothing she's eaten recently seems likely to be the source, though I recently brought collard greens and bok choy into her diet. Her temps are fine, and she has plenty of heat and basking spots to digest. There's no smell, so I don't expect it to be parasites. But I still don't know what could be going on, or if this is normal. Could it just be something she wasn't supposed to eat that I didn't notice her eating? We found a toothpick in her enclosure a couple weeks ago, but it was intact. So I don't know if I should be worried or wait to see if her next poo is normal

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
There is a weird splinter/tendril-like solid in my bearded dragon's poop. Nothing she's eaten recently seems likely to be the source, though I recently brought collard greens and bok choy into her diet. Her temps are fine, and she has plenty of heat and basking spots to digest. There's no smell, so I don't expect it to be parasites. But I still don't know what could be going on, or if this is normal. Could it just be something she wasn't supposed to eat that I didn't notice her eating? We found a toothpick in her enclosure a couple weeks ago, but it was intact. So I don't know if I should be worried or wait to see if her next poo is normal
Not an expert, but sometimes beardies will have an odd poo here and there. Has she pooed weird since then? Has she since pooed regularly. Otherwise if she's acting normal and healthy I wouldn't be too concerned. Could be as you said something she ate that day that didn't digest properly. I'd only be concerned if it continues and her health starts declining. If so maybe contact your vet for advice.?. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

cosmoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not an expert, but sometimes beardies will have an odd poo here and there. Has she pooed weird since then? Has she since pooed regularly. Otherwise if she's acting normal and healthy I wouldn't be too concerned. Could be as you said something she ate that day that didn't digest properly. I'd only be concerned if it continues and her health starts declining. If so maybe contact your vet for advice.?. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Fortunately, she pooed today and it looked normal! Thanks for the reply though, and I'll be taking her to the vet soon regardless.