• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

watery poop w/ smell

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
sorry to steal the thread, but my dragons poo has been runny, and all hes been eating lately is collard/mustard greens and crickets, now if he poops i can smell it and it smells quite bad, like not gag the whole room, i mean i came home once and he had pooped on the tile under the heat lamp and it kinda spread it... but does smell, anything to be worried about?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If the odor is that pungent and it is loose you will want to get a sample checked out by a vet and see if there are any gastro-intestinal parasites goin on.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ya that wont be an option sadly, no one around to do it for miles, but it isnt all loose all the time, some is loose, but there is always alot of water in it, its been more solid lately.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Even a livestock vet can run a fecal exam. i would take a poop sample over to his office and as him to run a fecal.