• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vivarium sizing

Bigfatpoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I’m really confused with the sizing that a dragon needs. I’m gonna buy one that an adult dragon would be comfortable in so 4ft, however would the depth and width still need to be 2ft? Like could it be 4ft but then have the other measurements be less than 2ft. I want the dragon to be happy but can someone tell me the minimum tank recommendations lmao

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I’m really confused with the sizing that a dragon needs. I’m gonna buy one that an adult dragon would be comfortable in so 4ft, however would the depth and width still need to be 2ft? Like could it be 4ft but then have the other measurements be less than 2ft. I want the dragon to be happy but can someone tell me the minimum tank recommendations lmao
Recommendations for a adult dragon are a 4x2x2 which is a 120 gallon -- you can use a
75 gallon48" x 18" x 21"
you want a tank w/ front doors --- they are much easier to deal w/ that a tank w/ out

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It doesn’t need to be tall, but it has to be deep and wide, you want them to be able to lay out fully.

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Minimum for and adult is 75 gallons

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
People say that 40 gallon is the minimum for an adult, but lets be real here; that is just too small for a lizard that grows to be the size of a bearded dragon.

I recommend getting a 75 gallon enclosure at the absolute minimum, but I keep mine in 120 gallons. They are relatively cheap on Zen Habitats. They include:

- Front sliding doors to reduce stress.
- Lots of floor space and height for climbing.
- Walls are not glass, so they cannot see their reflection and get stressed.
- Great for holding heat.

$349, free shipping, and relatively fast too. I ordered mine for my newest dragon two days ago and it will arrive tomorrow. (I am not affiliated w/ Zen Habitats but I just love their enclosures lol).

Rosiex

Bearded Dragon Egg
I HAVE a 48x24x24 Carolina Custom Cage with a 3-sided background, lighting, carpet, climbing and basking rocks, climbing vines, and an adult dragon. The cage is new since this past Christmas. He is so sweet, but he has to be rehomed because my 16 year old grandson really doesn't have time for him. He needs a good home. I would pay all expenses to get him to you.
Minimum for and adult is 75 gallons

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
I HAVE a 48x24x24 Carolina Custom Cage with a 3-sided background, lighting, carpet, climbing and basking rocks, climbing vines, and an adult dragon. The cage is new since this past Christmas. He is so sweet, but he has to be rehomed because my 16 year old grandson really doesn't have time for him. He needs a good home. I would pay all expenses to get him to you.
I cannot take any animals. You can ask other people on here- there are also many decent reptile rescues in the country that do rehoming like emeraldscales.com.