• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very stressed bebe..

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Some pet shops are good, most dont even know what they’re selling half the time, sadie knows what bulbs and lights to get go off of her advice its good, other than ur lighting issue and him being a little banged up he should bounce back, keep an eye on him, and id put the background back up it’ll make him feel more secure, and if possible put it inside the tank so he cant see his reflection on any of the sides, he might be thinking there’s something in there with him.
Ok! I thought be confusing for him because it looks like wood that he tries to climb, and he didn’t have a background in his old tank... I have seen the slate looking backgrounds I like maybe I’ll get one. In the meantime I can just use brown paper. Thank you so much for your help. I had to get a different fixture but i was able to get the bulb she recommended as well as a new basking dome/lighting and an idea of what the ideal temps should look like throughout the tank!

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the distance and placement is crucial here what UVB bulb did you get? The T 5 or the T 8 there is a difference here I need to know so I can help you place it --- the basking bulb MAKE SURE you have a digital probe thermometer for that bulb you dont want to burn him up --- place that probe where he sits for basking wait 10 minutes
The T5- the exact bulb you said but i had to get the reptisun hood version to hold it! I also got the Solar Glo 160 for basking and a digital probe thermometer, his basking bulb in the little dome was only 100w

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The T5- the exact bulb you said but i had to get the reptisun hood version to hold it! I also got the Solar Glo 160 for basking and a digital probe thermometer, his basking bulb in the little dome was only 100w
Ok that Solar Glo is a MVB distance I am thinking is 12" w/ no screen if your using a screen I am thinking 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor --- the T 5 will need to be 12-15 inches w/ NO screen or inside the tank --- your screen is going to make a difference w/ these bulbs - I looked at the screen and it looks like its a wide hole type can you post a pic of it so I can see it from the top please

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok that Solar Glo is a MVB distance I am thinking is 12" w/ no screen if your using a screen I am thinking 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor --- the T 5 will need to be 12-15 inches w/ NO screen or inside the tank --- your screen is going to make a difference w/ these bulbs - I looked at the screen and it looks like its a wide hole type can you post a pic of it so I can see it from the top please
Yes of course, I have to work for a couple of hours and will post one as soon as I am back home! The screen is made out of two sections that pop in and out,

Zoo Med Premium 40G Naturalistic Terrarium​

I really, really, really appreciate all of your help you are a literal life saver!!! And I’m glad I was able to spend extra on the the best lighting instead of what I may have had to spend on the vet AND lighting.. I still would have done both but I’m lucky the problem can be (hopefully) very quickly resolved! Thank you so much.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes of course, I have to work for a couple of hours and will post one as soon as I am back home! The screen is made out of two sections that pop in and out,

Zoo Med Premium 40G Naturalistic Terrarium​

I really, really, really appreciate all of your help you are a literal life saver!!! And I’m glad I was able to spend extra on the the best lighting instead of what I may have had to spend on the vet AND lighting.. I still would have done both but I’m lucky the problem can be (hopefully) very quickly resolved! Thank you so much.
Ok thats good the screen pops in and out your gonna want the UVB set up in the middle of the tank --- it will give him options of basking under the heat w/ the UVB and w/ out the heat and if that Solar Glo isnt providing enough UVB he will go to the T 5 -- they are excellent bulbs -- the Solar Glo I would not use the screen you may haft to get a lamp stand from Petco or PetSmart to hang above the tank -- then you can raise and lower it as you need --

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok! I thought be confusing for him because it looks like wood that he tries to climb, and he didn’t have a background in his old tank... I have seen the slate looking backgrounds I like maybe I’ll get one. In the meantime I can just use brown paper. Thank you so much for your help. I had to get a different fixture but i was able to get the bulb she recommended as well as a new basking dome/lighting and an idea of what the ideal temps should look like throughout the tank!
Yea i had to go through a couple different fixtures till i found what worked, and please post a follow up let us know how hes doin, there’s multiple backgrounds you can get i have a rock/sand matt I really like these cause they help grind down beadies nails(the rocks do fall off incase you get one) the other is a moss carpet and the 3rd wall is a cork bark background, all are inside the tank, the cork bark and sand matt are expensive but worth it

Attachments

• E6154E83-BA2B-42C5-A88D-A9E862971D32.jpeg
    E6154E83-BA2B-42C5-A88D-A9E862971D32.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 25
  • 8A32125F-042D-4917-B582-4BE9C44FF835.jpeg
    8A32125F-042D-4917-B582-4BE9C44FF835.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 09662827-07DD-4FA4-B01E-2DB23B1BA2E3.jpeg
    09662827-07DD-4FA4-B01E-2DB23B1BA2E3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My setup is not perfect and i don’t recommend bark chips(impaction) my beardy gets full roam of the house as well so she really only sleeps eats and poops in it

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay awesome thank you!
Ok thats good the screen pops in and out your gonna want the UVB set up in the middle of the tank --- it will give him options of basking under the heat w/ the UVB and w/ out the heat and if that Solar Glo isnt providing enough UVB he will go to the T 5 -- they are excellent bulbs -- the Solar Glo I would not use the screen you may haft to get a lamp stand from Petco or PetSmart to hang above the tank -- then you can raise and lower it as you need -
Ok thats good the screen pops in and out your gonna want the UVB set up in the middle of the tank --- it will give him options of basking under the heat w/ the UVB and w/ out the heat and if that Solar Glo isnt providing enough UVB he will go to the T 5 -- they are excellent bulbs -- the Solar Glo I would not use the screen you may haft to get a lamp stand from Petco or PetSmart to hang above the tank -- then you can raise and lower it as you need --
Okay thank you!!! I have a dome lamp hanger that should work perfectly! As for mounting inside of the lid what do you recommend? The back is super smooth and I’ve attached a pic of the inside lid view!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay awesome thank you!

Okay thank you!!! I have a dome lamp hanger that should work perfectly! As for mounting inside of the lid what do you recommend? The back is super smooth and I’ve attached a pic of the inside lid view!
That looks like you can set it on top- have the basking decor directly underneath 8-10 inches-- watch his behavior w/ the bulbs- w/ no screen have the solar glo around 12 inches start there get your temps w/ your probe if it's too hot move it up- temps for a juvie-/ adult 95-110-you may haft to raise it to 14"

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I’ve had them set up for 10 minutes and he actually came out of his hide on his own and is exploring! I appreciate the help beyond words thank you!!!!

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
That looks like you can set it on top- have the basking decor directly underneath 8-10 inches-- watch his behavior w/ the bulbs- w/ no screen have the solar glo around 12 inches start there get your temps w/ your probe if it's too hot move it up- temps for a juvie-/ adult 95-110-you may haft to raise it to 14"
❤️

Attachments

• E57F60F9-A603-4D3A-BD70-4752489BB0AB.jpeg
    E57F60F9-A603-4D3A-BD70-4752489BB0AB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have placed exactly as you suggested and am monitoring all of the temps very closely! I will let you know how he is feeling, hopefully much better. Thank you

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just want to add, there is no need to be embarrassed. You’ve come here for help and made the necessary changes. You clearly care very much for your beardie :) Hopefully the changes help and he begins to love his new enclosure!

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just want to add, there is no need to be embarrassed. You’ve come here for help and made the necessary changes. You clearly care very much for your beardie :) Hopefully the changes help and he begins to love his new enclosure!
Thank you! I always make sure to do research and everything, I was just so focused about the small tank details I spaced on the most important thing! His temps are definitely what they should be now and his activity has increased! His color looks better too, less dark more orange! Still no poo though..

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning Sadie! Cilantros basking spot is staying around 105 currently. His activity has increased a bit, when I came home yesterday he was out and about doing some exploring, came out later in the evening to rest on some wood and watch some TV, and I did see him bask for a little while. His color looks a little better- a brighter orange throughout and the dark beard is lighter. Still no poo/urate though!

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Belly stress marks are there, but he is very alert and is now walking around exploring and licking at the stuff in his enclosure.. he is the orangest Ive seen him in a while? If he doesn’t pass the dubias he ate a few days ago, do you recommend offering him feeders or salad? (I have been waiting until he poops and he always has healthy live plants to chomp on)

Attachments

• A895B245-0266-4495-AEEC-FA4C904FACA0.jpeg
    A895B245-0266-4495-AEEC-FA4C904FACA0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
Belly stress marks are there, but he is very alert and is now walking around exploring and licking at the stuff in his enclosure.. he is the orangest Ive seen him in a while? If he doesn’t pass the dubias he ate a few days ago, do you recommend offering him feeders or salad? (I have been waiting until he poops and he always has healthy live plants to chomp on)
B2E9F860-2164-46A3-AE7E-C582188E71C9.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its not uncommon for them not to poo for periods of time -- is he basking under the UVB? Does he seem to want to get closer to it? We had said the UVB may haft to go into the tank -- keep monitoring him and see what he does if it looks like it needs to get moved into the tank then I can help you w/ things to get it inside and distance -- it looks like Cilantro could use a bigger hide --