• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB lighting

Kristen Hoover

Bearded Dragon Egg
EE5B1AB0-9B19-4BAE-A07E-85C4A7C6E8E3.jpeg 25EDA5FF-B025-48D6-A604-10756ACAC86F.jpeg We are first time beardie owners and need some advice on UVB lighting. We adopted a 3 month old beardie from a family that decided dragon ownership wasn’t for them. We got the dragon, tank, and all the accessories with it. She seemed healthy and still does 3 months later. I am just wondering about the UVB light. She is currently using a ReptiSun

Kristen Hoover

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have an infrared heat gun and basking temps are good normally 105-110. The tube is a 14 inch ReptiSun T5 which seems to be a 5.0 and it is on top of mesh. She is in a 20 gallon long tank so the UVB is not too far from her if she is up on her log or hammock which is where she likes to stay. The hood for the long UVB bulb is what came with it... there is not a covering over the bulb. I can take more pictures if needed. She seems healthy and has been doing great but I want to make sure we are doing what she needs moving forward.

Kristen Hoover

Bearded Dragon Egg
I attached a picture of the long UVB that we purchased. It was from amazon and is still available. Yes she eats a salad every morning of greens with squash. She also gets super worms although not too many and crickets daily. We rotate through calcium powder and a multivitamin powder for dusting. She also gets water daily. I know she will need a bigger tank soon and we are planning to upgrade in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• A9B6EAA3-C0B6-438E-AB1F-28FD6C21D268.png
    A9B6EAA3-C0B6-438E-AB1F-28FD6C21D268.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 51

Kristen Hoover

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok great, I will put the long UVB inside the tank and yes I figured I would need to upgrade the UVB with her new tank. I can add a super worm to her morning salad. We tried BSFL and she ate them for a while and then suddenly stopped eating them and they went to waste so I stopped buying them. I can try again though. We have not tried Dubais....I know they are good but I feel like we just got the hang of the super worms and crickets! Thank you for all of the advise and the websites!

Sharon Daly

Bearded Dragon Egg
View attachment 21065 View attachment 21066 We are first time beardie owners and need some advice on UVB lighting. We adopted a 3 month old beardie from a family that decided dragon ownership wasn’t for them. We got the dragon, tank, and all the accessories with it. She seemed healthy and still does 3 months later. I am just wondering about the UVB light. She is currently using a ReptiSun
Yes what another user said do not use the coil and measure your viv before you buy the tube light because you dont want it the full length of the viv
Also never use an infrared bulb like I seen someone else wrote beardies need it to be cooler at night they do better and never use a heat mat under them as they cant regulate heat in their stomach if you want to use a small heat mat then stick it to the side of the viv. My 3 year old sleeps in his fluffy blanket at night