• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uvb lamp

QueenNelly

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a coiled bulb in a dome lamp on top of the mesh and then I have a 18” 10.0 tube light and he is ALWAYS on his log 2 or 3 inches away from the tube light! My question is, since he’s there almost every time I look at him during the day, is he not getting enough and that’s why he sits there all day or could this be too much for him? I’m not sure how old but I would say 4-5 months based on other beardies I’ve seen that were that age. Thanks for the help!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a coiled bulb in a dome lamp on top of the mesh and then I have a 18” 10.0 tube light and he is ALWAYS on his log 2 or 3 inches away from the tube light! My question is, since he’s there almost every time I look at him during the day, is he not getting enough and that’s why he sits there all day or could this be too much for him? I’m not sure how old but I would say 4-5 months based on other beardies I’ve seen that were that age. Thanks for the help!
Get rid of the coil UVB- take the plastic cover off the bulb replace it w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb leave cover off put the fixture in the tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor---- you are correct he is trying to get more UVB- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays-- along w/ the cover if it's on-- make your changes then watch his behavior-- the coil bulb is no good - inadequate--

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Coil bulbs are bad for reptile eyes and also unnecessary if you have a tube. Reptisun T5 10.0 or an Arcadia T5 H.O are the top recommended tube bulbs. Mercury Vapor bulbs are expensive and more challenging to use, but they last much longer and you will not need an additional heat lamp. Mount the UVB tube inside the screen top. You can make/commission your own custom hooks to mount the UVB light on, or you can use zip ties.

Latest posts