• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB distance help

Anarchy88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! So I just got a notification that my Reptisun UVB bulb is going to be delivered today. (Finally!) I ordered the Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture Reflector Combo 3-Feet long and a Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 bulb. (Thanks for your help Sadie! :) I got the reflector and the high output bulb so I can set it on top of the mesh screen. The only thing is, from the top of my beardie's back when she's basking at the very top of the rock to the top of the mesh screen is about 6 inches. I know that's gonna be way too close to the bulb. I don't want to take the basking rock out because she sleeps inside of it at night. I can't find any lamp stands where I can hang the Sunblaster above the tank. I have no idea what to do now. Her tank is 48 inches long and 18 inches high. Any ideas?
Enclosure.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys! So I just got a notification that my Reptisun UVB bulb is going to be delivered today. (Finally!) I ordered the Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture Reflector Combo 3-Feet long and a Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 bulb. (Thanks for your help Sadie! :) I got the reflector and the high output bulb so I can set it on top of the mesh screen. The only thing is, from the top of my beardie's back when she's basking at the very top of the rock to the top of the mesh screen is about 6 inches. I know that's gonna be way too close to the bulb. I don't want to take the basking rock out because she sleeps inside of it at night. I can't find any lamp stands where I can hang the Sunblaster above the tank. I have no idea what to do now. Her tank is 48 inches long and 18 inches high. Any ideas?View attachment 28459
First lets determine where the UVB is going to go --- the screen on the tank is a fine mesh or a wide hole type screen? The distance is going to determine where it needs to go and be from basking decor

Anarchy88

Bearded Dragon Egg
First lets determine where the UVB is going to go --- the screen on the tank is a fine mesh or a wide hole type screen? The distance is going to determine where it needs to go and be from basking decor
I was going to put the uvb on the right side of the tank. The screen is fine mesh.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was going to put the uvb on the right side of the tank. The screen is fine mesh.
Ok fine mesh your going to.need it unobstructed- so either take the screen off or inside the tank--- the screen will block approx 30% of the rays-- I can post some things to use to hang it inside- distance needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- you don't need to have the UVB next to the basking bulb it can be placed in the middle of the tank she's going to go to the light she needs- the basking bulb is going to be easier to move around so I would get the UVB situated then the basking bulb--- but your going to need a piece of decor directly under it 12-15 inches

Anarchy88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thanks. So I would have to move her rock cave to the left side of the tank? Do you have any suggestions for a new piece of decor?