• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Upgrade enclosure?

cosmoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've had my girl for 3 years, and she's been kept on repti-carpet the entire time. She's also had the same terrarium accessories other than one change about a year ago. Recently I thought I might upgrade her enclosure by switching to tile, and getting her some new hammock/plant type things. She's never had plants (fake or real) and her current hammock is wonky. I plan on getting her some new accessories regardless, but the tile is what I'm worried about. I personally want it to happen, it'd look nicer and be easier to clean, but would it be hard on her? I know change can be shocking, it might feel like I took away her entire home after 3 years, and I don't want her to be uncomfortable or stressed.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had my girl for 3 years, and she's been kept on repti-carpet the entire time. She's also had the same terrarium accessories other than one change about a year ago. Recently I thought I might upgrade her enclosure by switching to tile, and getting her some new hammock/plant type things. She's never had plants (fake or real) and her current hammock is wonky. I plan on getting her some new accessories regardless, but the tile is what I'm worried about. I personally want it to happen, it'd look nicer and be easier to clean, but would it be hard on her? I know change can be shocking, it might feel like I took away her entire home after 3 years, and I don't want her to be uncomfortable or stressed.
I have tile in my two tanks- you want textured slated ceramic tile- you don't want coarse that is too rough on the tummy's etc-- you can get it at home Depot or your local hardware store it should be cut to the size of the tank or if you can find some to fit that would be good - the tile should be cut w/ a tile saw- you don't want jagged edges- my tile is just layed in the tank w/ a thick shop paper towel underneath to catch the watery urate- I did not grout it as I wanted to be able to pull the tile to be able to clean it underneath- I tiled my 120 gallon tanks for $13--