• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

[Update] Zeus New Zen Habitats Arrived!

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I posted about a month ago that Zeus would be moving from a 40 gallon to a 12 gallon. Here is the final result! I think he appreciates the upgrade :)

7C1A98D6-6FDA-409D-8BE2-E246460C4373.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I posted about a month ago that Zeus would be moving from a 40 gallon to a 12 gallon. Here is the final result! I think he appreciates the upgrade :)

View attachment 26493
Your tank looks nice but you need to lower the UVB to 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor. If you need help let me know

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yeah
Your tank looks nice but you need to lower the UVB to 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor. If you need help let me know
we are figuring out a plug situation but decided we will do this for now until we get a wall plug in (better than no uvb at all, am I right?)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah

we are figuring out a plug situation but decided we will do this for now until we get a wall plug in (better than no uvb at all, am I right?)
It's to high- he won't get enough UVB - plug? You talking about a plug in ? Use a extension cord-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What’s something other than shelf liner I can use as substrate? I want something that looks nice in the enclosure but still easy to clean and not bad for him.
Slated ceramic tile- you want something w/ texture No coarse textured but a smooth type hard to explain- I got mine from home depot- it needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you don't get jagged edges- measure inside the tank--- I recommend you lay in loose use a thick blue shop paper towel from Walmart under the tile- it will catch the watery urate easy to clean w/ vinegar and water 50 50 solution- its easier to deep clean- w/ tiles loose than grouted or sealed you can put fleece blankets or some soft furniture in the tank

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Very nice! Did u get the wood or pvc? , i like the hammock placement, how hard was it to put together? What did u use to attach the heating to the metal bar? A ziptie? Mines supposed to get here sometime next week :) im excited , I’ll probably start with some rough tile, like how sadie has then Make it bio active once i have it visualized.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Slated ceramic tile- you want something w/ texture No coarse textured but a smooth type hard to explain- I got mine from home depot- it needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you don't get jagged edges- measure inside the tank--- I recommend you lay in loose use a thick blue shop paper towel from Walmart under the tile- it will catch the watery urate easy to clean w/ vinegar and water 50 50 solution- its easier to deep clean- w/ tiles loose than grouted or sealed you can put fleece blankets or some soft furniture in the tank
I also used slated ceramic tiles and put a bath towel under the tile. On a weekly basis I would change the towel, wash ceramics (vinegar/water) and clean everything in viv with the vinegar solution. I would use Windex on the outer glass only. During this Zontar was out of tank, on my kitchen floor looking outside and the birds and squirrels that come onto my deck lol

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Very nice! Did u get the wood or pvc? , i like the hammock placement, how hard was it to put together? What did u use to attach the heating to the metal bar? A ziptie? Mines supposed to get here sometime next week :) im excited , I’ll probably start with some rough tile, like how sadie has then Make it bio active once i have it visualized.
Super easy assembly! I got the wood one since bearded dragons don’t need that much humidity.

The sturdy top screen has built in bars you can run the cord of your heat lamp through to hang it inside. You just run the cord through the back!

I used zip ties to hang the UVB

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can even use NONaggregated sand if ud like (play sand) ,you’re beardie is old enough for substrate, i plan to put some in my zen hab, along with some excavator clay, bark chips, and some big rocks my beardie cant swallow. You absolutely dont need to add bugs, thats only if you’re not cleaning up poos, i still pick up after my beardie.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
You can even use NONaggregated sand if ud like (play sand) ,you’re beardie is old enough for substrate, i plan to put some in my zen hab, along with some excavator clay, bark chips, and some big rocks my beardie cant swallow. You absolutely dont need to add bugs, thats only if you’re not cleaning up poos, i still pick up after my beardie.
The thought of any loose substrate kind of scares me considering my guy likes to lick everything. I just don't even want to chance it lol.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yes I would get another hide for the cool side of the tank--
Alrighty thank you for the help! Other than that, his husbandry is now spot on. I figured 5 years in that 40 gallon he definitely deserves this upgrade.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alrighty thank you for the help! Other than that, his husbandry is now spot on. I figured 5 years in that 40 gallon he definitely deserves this upgrade.
He was due for a upgrade- your welcome