• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UK humidity

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All.

Just another topic I'd like opinions on.

So the UK we can get high humidity outside, I've had it 98% before.

I work roughly 06:30 until 17:30 most days. What times are meant for the 30%-50% humidity range? As I get home from work and 18:30 it's at 55%. I know evening and night humidity is going to be higher but since I can't track the day time humidity I just want some advice.

So my main question is, what times are the 30-50% meant to be.. for example, 10am until mid afternoon?

Thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi All.

Just another topic I'd like opinions on.

So the UK we can get high humidity outside, I've had it 98% before.

I work roughly 06:30 until 17:30 most days. What times are meant for the 30%-50% humidity range? As I get home from work and 18:30 it's at 55%. I know evening and night humidity is going to be higher but since I can't track the day time humidity I just want some advice.

So my main question is, what times are the 30-50% meant to be.. for example, 10am until mid afternoon?

Thanks.
If your humidity is 30-50% your good that is optimal- you don't want 70% or lower than 20%

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
If your humidity is 30-50% your good that is optimal- you don't want 70% or lower than 20%

Well when I got home it was 45 on an old one and I got new ones today so put that in and an hour later so about 18:30 it was 55. Atm now, it's 56 and 19:45 almost. Is that ok as I know anything past 5pm is when humidity will start rising?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well when I got home it was 45 on an old one and I got new ones today so put that in and an hour later so about 18:30 it was 55. Atm now, it's 56 and 19:45 almost. Is that ok as I know anything past 5pm is when humidity will start rising?
It will rise at night as long as it does not go above 70% - if it starts getting there you might look into a dehumidifier - place it next to.his tank

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
It will rise at night as long as it does not go above 70% - if it starts getting there you might look into a dehumidifier - place it next to.his tank

I have a dehumidifier I have it on atm next to tank. I just worry about the humidity as I seen online that evening will be higher but day time I can't monitor and if over 50 it can cause them problems... Which I'd hate to give her problems.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
HOw are you taking these messurements? Can u describe where the tank is? If its near a window (within 4 feet) that can raise ur humdity, does he have a water dish?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a dehumidifier I have it on atm next to tank. I just worry about the humidity as I seen online that evening will be higher but day time I can't monitor and if over 50 it can cause them problems... Which I'd hate to give her problems.
50 is fine-- you only need to be concerned if it gets to 70%--

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I live in Florida, so you can imagine my humidity lol. We keep doors and windows shut turn on the ac, when it starts to get musty

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
HOw are you taking these messurements? Can u describe where the tank is? If its near a window (within 4 feet) that can raise ur humdity, does he have a water dish?
Probably best to show you and yes a large water dish as told by reptile shop she needs a big water dish, well beardies do in general.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_195045.jpg
    IMG_20210329_195045.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210329_195050.jpg
    IMG_20210329_195050.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210329_195054.jpg
    IMG_20210329_195054.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Probably best to show you and yes a large water dish as told by reptile shop she needs a big water dish, well beardies do in general.
Please get the dragon off the floor- dragons are social and need to see whats going on around them - your basking light looks really bright and looks to be shining into the dragon please get your basking light placed above him - also the hydrometer probe needs to go on the back center wall of the tank - you want the whole tank measured for humidity -- I dont think your humidity is going to go clear up to 70% w / it being 56% now and its 4 30-- please take the water dish out its bringing the humidity up you can also use socks filled w/ rice in the tank to absorb the humidity as well -- the first thing tho is get the tank off the floor and then keep track of the humidity -- I dont know if that will make a difference but it will for the dragon --

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get the dragon off the floor- dragons are social and need to see whats going on around them - your basking light looks really bright and looks to be shining into the dragon please get your basking light placed above him - also the hydrometer probe needs to go on the back center wall of the tank - you want the whole tank measured for humidity -- I dont think your humidity is going to go clear up to 70% w / it being 56% now and its 4 30-- please take the water dish out its bringing the humidity up you can also use socks filled w/ rice in the tank to absorb the humidity as well -- the first thing tho is get the tank off the floor and then keep track of the humidity -- I dont know if that will make a difference but it will for the dragon --

The photo makes the basking light look 10x brighter than it is. And the owner had it like that for 5 years and said was fine. She is on the floor as don't have cabinet yet but also my sofa is right next to her so she can see out.

I got told they need a water dish? How can I give her water without a water dish?

Attachments

• IMG_20210328_144651.jpg
    IMG_20210328_144651.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The photo makes the basking light look 10x brighter than it is. And the owner had it like that for 5 years and said was fine. She is on the floor as don't have cabinet yet but also my sofa is right next to her so she can see out.

I got told they need a water dish? How can I give her water without a water dish?
Your dragon can get water thru gut loaded insects meaning make sure they are fed good along w/ hydrating them - make sure you rinse the salads before serving- that is the main way- you can drop.water on her nose and see if she will lick or syringe if you do that please do it slowly you do not want her to aspirate or bathing is another way - you can tell by her poops if she's dehydrated by dried out chalky looking urate