• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two sided enclosure

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm glad I held onto this, it's been in the garage the last ten years. 20 years ago I kept a boy and two girls in the top portion with no problems except in the spring for a few years. I decided to put a partition in and keep my girls separate for now. Here's what it looks like now with the doors off. One side I used slate tiles and 25 lbs of excavator clay to build a little hide with branches. Other side has rocks, bricks, slate and wood. Still might do some changes before I move them in. IMG_4299.JPG IMG_4296.JPG IMG_4294.JPG IMG_4295.JPG

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I love this! This way you can house both girls in one enclosure that's a great idea! Did you make this yourself or buy it?

I can't wait to see your new boy!!!!

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
A friend of mine built it twenty years ago. I just had to pay for the materials. Total cost for everything was right at $300. The top section has 8 pieces of 1/4 tempered glass. Wonder what it would cost to build it now. Here is a picture of the bottom. Eventually I will use it to house a dragon. From top to floor is 63 inches high. Will take another picture once I put the doors on and clean the glass.IMG_4300.JPG

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A friend of mine built it twenty years ago. I just had to pay for the materials. Total cost for everything was right at $300. The top section has 8 pieces of 1/4 tempered glass. Wonder what it would cost to build it now. Here is a picture of the bottom. Eventually I will use it to house a dragon. From top to floor is 63 inches high. Will take another picture once I put the doors on and clean the glass.View attachment 15374

Wow!!! 20 years ago it cost $300. Ouch I would hate to see how much it would cost now! Lol

But I love it! I wish I had somewhere to build one of those. We live in an apartment and have no room to build. [emoji853]

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I let Sheila do a walk through after I put the doors on this evening. She tasted everything in the bottom of the cage, looked up a few times but made no attempt to climb. I wonder if I should buy some hammocks or something to make it less intimidating to climb to top where basking temps are 105.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I let Sheila do a walk through after I put the doors on this evening. She tasted everything in the bottom of the cage, looked up a few times but made no attempt to climb. I wonder if I should buy some hammocks or something to make it less intimidating to climb to top where basking temps are 105.

Might not be a bad idea. The cheapest place I found for those green hammocks is drsfosterandsmith.com - I get most of my stuff thru them.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awe Sheila looks so tiny in that big huge room! Lol

I had no idea how big it really is! Wow that is massive! It looks great!

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sheila's a foot long now, think she was a little overwhelmed. Did pick up two reptile hammocks off e bay for $8.50 each, hope suction cups stick to wood or I will need to make modifications.

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
Wow! This is awesome
You can use the 3M hanger things, they'll stick to the wood. That's what I'm using for the hammock in my viv

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sheila climbed to the top when I put her in trying to get her used to her future home, saw her reflection and crouched like she was going to jump so I took her out. I didn't want her to hurt herself. My dragons occasionally jumped from that high twenty years ago when I had children's play sand as a substrate without getting hurt so I am going to put sand in hers as well, at least the front side. I hope the hammocks get here as well before my new boy gets here Thursday. He goes on a plane ride tomorrow.