• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TT passed away

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm trying not to cry as I type this,but I'm just heartbroken. TT passed away last night. His sibling had to be put to sleep on Wed as a result of severe MBD,which led to a heart attack at the vets office. I tried everything I could but the little fella was just in too bad of a shape.He had been found (by me) on his back twice in the last 2 days and was very weak last night. I thought he was gone last night but my hubby kept insisting that I put him back in his viv under the lights and so I did. After about 15 minutes Mark kept insisting that he was moving(I was ready to hit him because in my heart TT was already gone) To my surprise when I got to TT's viv he popped his little head up as if to say "Woman,it's my bedtime where are my snuggles?" I got ihm out and wrapped him in his blankie and snuggled him in for the night and he snuggled me back(body wiggle to get comfy,an every night thing).But this morning he's gone.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh baby... *warm hugs*... It's so hard when you've placed them into your heart, to loose one. Know this, Sara... You did your best, and no regrets. TT knew he was loved, and cherished. He'll be waiting for you at the end of the rainbow bridge... Speed well home, TT.
Janie

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sara, I'm so sorry. I read your update yesterday about his sibling. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you did your very best. Thank you for sharing this experience with us, I know it has made me very aware of how delicate these little guys are. *BIG HUG*

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sara, we are so sorry for your loss. I have tears in my eyes as I read your post. I am sure your feelings are much stronger. Know that TT is at peace now and you did everything that you could to help him....

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm so sorry, Sara. I cannot imagine losing one, let alone both in the span of a week :'( They obviously knew you loved them and that love will carry them to their next destination.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lexi,
I only lost 1 beardie,but my friend lost hers as well,she had to have him put to sleep.I am very saddened by TT's passing but at least he woke up one last time for me so I could tell him that I loved him and I got in one last snuggle.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sara, I'm so sorry TT didn't make it. You gave him love and did everything you could for him. We are all heartbroken along with you. It's never easy to lose one of the wonderful creatures. Hang in there. Big Hugs! :'(

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for being so sweet!!!! This has been really hard on me,I tried hard to get the little guy better,now I have to pack up the rock etc..........in the tank from the pet store and take it back Monday. I was so hoping to be able to walk in and say.....Sorry,you don't get him back,I want him,pay for him and keep him in his forever home.It'll take me a few days,but I'll be ok,I'm just really tender hearted and it's bothering me.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
sara said:
Thanks everyone for being so sweet!!!! This has been really hard on me,I tried hard to get the little guy better,now I have to pack up the rock etc..........in the tank from the pet store and take it back Monday. I was so hoping to be able to walk in and say.....Sorry,you don't get him back,I want him,pay for him and keep him in his forever home.It'll take me a few days,but I'll be ok,I'm just really tender hearted and it's bothering me.

*BIG hugs* You may not have been able to save him but you tried and you made the last part of his life better. He knew you loved him and that's what matters. It's hard, because you just want to save them all :-[

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm so sorry Sara
Alot of people believe that all that happens in this world, has a rhyme and reason behind it. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. Just as this does.

In the beginning there is life. We are not fully aware of TT's age, but assuming he wasn't very old, it was a rocky start.

The middle is where he met you. To seek warmth and comfort for something he failed to understand. (again..........many people believe that to turn lose of life, you must first find an anchor. An anchor provides your needs and comforts so you can pass from this world peacefully).

The end of story was filled with love, tears and the feeling of being missed. I'm not one that believes animals have emotions like humans, but i do believe they do sense much of what we feel in the way it's meant. If there's any validity to that, then he understood you also.

stairway_to_heaven.jpg