• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trying to get my bearded dragon to wear his harness

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I bought this harness for my bearded dragon a coupe months ago. He is 5 months old and WILL NOT LET ME PUT HIS HARNESS ON HIM! He won’t let me even do the first part of putting his arms though the holes. It’s impossible. I’ve been trying for months. Can somebody help me??

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Gradually get him used to it. Distract him with some veggies and slip it on him for a few minutes each day, increasing the amount of time he spends in it. After he is used to wearing it, begin with short walks around the house and work your way up to longer ones. If he keeps refusing to wear the harness and is uncomfortable with it, try a different brand/size. If he still refuses, give up or try to figure out what it is about the harness that he dislikes, and choose one without those deatures.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gradually get him used to it. Distract him with some veggies and slip it on him for a few minutes each day, increasing the amount of time he spends in it. After he is used to wearing it, begin with short walks around the house and work your way up to longer ones. If he keeps refusing to wear the harness and is uncomfortable with it, try a different brand/size. If he still refuses, give up or try to figure out what it is about the harness that he dislikes, and choose one without those deatures.
That will help thank you!

LittleMissScareAll

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought this harness for my bearded dragon a coupe months ago. He is 5 months old and WILL NOT LET ME PUT HIS HARNESS ON HIM! He won’t let me even do the first part of putting his arms though the holes. It’s impossible. I’ve been trying for months. Can somebody help me??
Honestly, don’t force it. You will just cause your beardie to associate you with a stressful situation. My vet discourages harnesses and carriers because they cause irritation to the skin.