• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trying to get help

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
I need to put my pride aside and start asking people for help.

If this isn't allowed, admin please delete. I'm just trying to get the word out as much as possible.

My 5yr old pit bull tore her ACL and needs surgery. I'm pregnant so most of our finances are going towards that. The surgery is expensive but this is really her only option. She's still very active and without the surgery she'd never be able to run normally and pain free again. Besides constant cage rest, or being on a leash 24/7 there's no stopping her.

So please, consider donating. If you can't donate please share. Sharing is just as helpful. Half the struggle is getting the word out.

Thank you for reading. Here is our gofundme:

http://mk2.gofund.me/help-pay-for-abbys-surgery?rcid
91a4a093c53fe210cf2e0fb526dd06a2.jpg
288314de888539f57f1644fe6db84d13.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to hear of Abby's torn ACL I can relate to surgery costs.. We have a now 3 year old Am Bulldog who has had 2 knee surgeries costing just under 5K the only way we could do her surgery was to get what's called CareCredit we only pay 94 a month..This was set up by the surgery center have you checked into this??

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
We did care credit for her last surgery. Other animals have racked up that bill so we need to pay it down before we ask for a credit limit raise. Care credit is a lifesaver though

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We did care credit for her last surgery. Other animals have racked up that bill so we need to pay it down before we ask for a credit limit raise. Care credit is a lifesaver though

Crap sorry to hear that but understand that too.. I hope you get the help you need for Abby

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
have you tried setting up a GO FUND ME account? prayers for you and your pup

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
We finally found a family member willing to loan us the money, so she got her surgery, but now we need to pay him back. So please keep sharing, it's just not as urgent anymore.

Surgery went well, now it's just a long recovery and keeping her away from her stitches.

She's really sad she has to live in a crate for awhile
1e80811980c47a377c331780afcd9d4a.jpg

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Honestly I'm so happy you were able to get the surgery done! What a precious girl you have <3 so jealous

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear that a family member helped you out..
What we did with our Am. Bulldog when she had 2 knee surgeries is I bought some girls kids thick tights and cut the good leg off leaving the waist band then just put them on like pants and cut to size for her leg OR double it up if you can't find thick tights. And if she wiggles them down like ours did I tied a thick string from her collar to the top of the tights... Hope that makes sense... worked like a charm and she didn't have to wear a cone.

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Wish we thought of that! She can't wear a cone cause she flips out and will hurt herself more so we tried an inflatable doughnut collar that she popped in 30 minutes. Tried putting a shirt over her butt but that wouldn't stay. We ended up discovering a new collar called a nobite collar. It makes her unable to turn her head. She tolerates it, but can't be very comfortable. She gets stitches out tomorrow luckily, so no more collar!
c6e8a8669cfee5f937fd75f5d42a37b3.jpg