• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*Tips* For Getting Your Beardie to Eat Salads!

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Starting this thread because this issue is too common. Feel free to add the tips that have worked for your stubborn babies as well! ;)

• All-Natural Bee Pollen
Sprinkle this on top of your bearded dragons salads lightly. -- Some bearded dragons absolutely go crazy for this stuff!

• Try using red food items.
My guy isn't notorious for eating his salads, but he will almost always go for red bell peppers.

• Flavored supplements.
This one was recommended to me by by veterinarian. They sell flavored supplements such as calcium with no d3 and your beardie may go crazy over it!

• Bug Burrito
Some keepers will wrap their insects in a piece of collard greens or turnip greens and try to feed the greens that way. The movement of the insects excites the bearded dragon and makes them want to go for it.

• Bug Salad
Put some of your bearded dragon's favorite live treats on top!

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Starting this thread because this issue is too common. Feel free to add the tips that have worked for your stubborn babies as well! ;)

• All-Natural Bee Pollen
Sprinkle this on top of your bearded dragons salads lightly. -- Some bearded dragons absolutely go crazy for this stuff!

• Try using red food items.
My guy isn't notorious for eating his salads, but he will almost always go for red bell peppers.

• Flavored supplements.
This one was recommended to me by by veterinarian. They sell flavored supplements such as calcium with no d3 and your beardie may go crazy over it!

• Bug Burrito
Some keepers will wrap their insects in a piece of collard greens or turnip greens and try to feed the greens that way. The movement of the insects excites the bearded dragon and makes them want to go for it.

• Bug Salad
Put some of your bearded dragon's favorite live treats on top!
I used the bug salad method. As he would open his mouth to get the bug, I would use the tong to chopstick salad in his mouth. He would eat both. I would do this on his fussy days.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I used the bug salad method. As he would open his mouth to get the bug, I would use the tong to chopstick salad in his mouth. He would eat both. I would do this on his fussy days.
My guy always manages to miss the salad and get the bugs haha. He truly is stubborn and it doesn't help that he's an old man

Latest posts