• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tile suggestion...

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
I didn’t know if these were classified the same as the coiled ones

I did order a hood light 24” and a 22” reptisun 10.0... I ordered the nanotech hood light I’ll probably ditch the mercury vapor when it comes in
That’s a compact, and compacts are not good. The one you ordered sounds goo, though.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I didn’t know if these were classified the same as the coiled ones

I did order a hood light 24” and a 22” reptisun 10.0... I ordered the nanotech hood light I’ll probably ditch the mercury vapor when it comes in
Yes those are bad bulbs--- they have caused so many health issues including death ---- I wish they would take them off the market -- the MVB you will need to replace the basking bulb w/ a bright white bulb NO off colored yellowish bulbs ---

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes those are bad bulbs--- they have caused so many health issues including death ---- I wish they would take them off the market -- the MVB you will need to replace the basking bulb w/ a bright white bulb NO off colored yellowish bulbs ---
I’m going to ditch the mercury vapor bulb Sunday when the reptisun long tube comes in and I’ll just use the 100w basking bulb that came with the kit. I’m starting to look for some higher bulbs than 100w bc with the cold winter in Florida, 100w doesn’t seem to be sufficient.
I also have a stand-alone dehumidifier coming in tomorrow for my sons/beardies room as well.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m going to ditch the mercury vapor bulb Sunday when the reptisun long tube comes in and I’ll just use the 100w basking bulb that came with the kit. I’m starting to look for some higher bulbs than 100w bc with the cold winter in Florida, 100w doesn’t seem to be sufficient.
I also have a stand-alone dehumidifier coming in tomorrow for my sons/beardies room as well.
Make sure you have a digital probe thermometer on hand when you change out the basking bulb--- you do not want to cook him

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Make sure you have a digital probe thermometer on hand when you change out the basking bulb--- you do not want to cook him
I have one. You can see the wire for the probe in the upper left of my picture. I also have an infrared temp gun too that I regularly check him with.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have one. You can see the wire for the probe in the upper left of my picture. I also have an infrared temp gun too that I regularly check him with.
Ok-- let me know when the UVB comes - what did you order? Placement and distance is key here

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The nanotech reflector for a t5 by sunblaster and the reptisun 10.0 HO uvb 22” bulb
Ok that should be good --- let me know when you get it and I will help you place it in the tank etc

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok that should be good --- let me know when you get it and I will help you place it in the tank etc
I’ve been reading on the sun blaster... it seems it’ll be too powerful to mount inside... so it may have to go on top of the screen... we have a cat as well so the screen needs to stay.

it doesnt seem with the reflector on it’ll sit correctly on top of the screen.

from the bottom of the screen to the basking site is 11” I’m gonna assume the t5 will take another inch so that puts the t5 within 10” or so from the basking site and that’s barely any climbing...

im starting to think I may have to engineer something but I’m not sure at the moment until I see the fixture in person.

im curious... if I remove the reflector would that weaken the t5 enough to be able to be mounted inside the tank?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been reading on the sun blaster... it seems it’ll be too powerful to mount inside... so it may have to go on top of the screen... we have a cat as well so the screen needs to stay.

it doesnt seem with the reflector on it’ll sit correctly on top of the screen.

from the bottom of the screen to the basking site is 11” I’m gonna assume the t5 will take another inch so that puts the t5 within 10” or so from the basking site and that’s barely any climbing...

im starting to think I may have to engineer something but I’m not sure at the moment until I see the fixture in person.

im curious... if I remove the reflector would that weaken the t5 enough to be able to be mounted inside the tank?
How tall is the tank ? If its 18" it will work if its lower than that like 16" you might consider the T 8 -- you need to get the fixture situated first then work on the decor its easier to move decor than the fixture
Do not get the Sunblaster get a Zoo Med they are flat https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24" hood it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it for back up and order this
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.htmlm 22" bulb ---
The fixture is flat it will need to go inside the tank if the screen is a fine mesh like a screen door -- it needs to be inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches w/ decor directly underneath --- you NEED THE REFLECTOR it will project the UVB rays downward toward the dragon for best UVB effects -- here are some ways to hang in the tank
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- fishing line -- potted plant wire hangers and I use these they work great they are like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around the fixture

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
New light came in... the 150w seemed like overkill... so I think I’ll just stick with 100w... I was able to mount the reptisun inside the tank... here’s a picture of the distance from the light to his head... he’s not sitting straight up and his net in the corner is about the same height. If the light is good inside the tank at this distance I will probably scoot it closer to the basking side... if it’s not I did cut some wood to make an L bracket to mount the light above the screen..

Attachments

• FAD34B46-88F0-4AFD-AEC0-06CBAB990E83.jpeg
    FAD34B46-88F0-4AFD-AEC0-06CBAB990E83.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
New light came in... the 150w seemed like overkill... so I think I’ll just stick with 100w... I was able to mount the reptisun inside the tank... here’s a picture of the distance from the light to his head... he’s not sitting straight up and his net in the corner is about the same height. If the light is good inside the tank at this distance I will probably scoot it closer to the basking side... if it’s not I did cut some wood to make an L bracket to mount the light above the screen..
You need basking temps 105-110 for a baby 95-110 for a juvie- / adult- that is very important- get the temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- what light are you talking about ? The UVB or basking bulb?

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need basking temps 105-110 for a baby 95-110 for a juvie- / adult- that is very important- get the temp w/ a digital probe thermometer- what light are you talking about ? The UVB or basking bulb?
I bought some 150w basking bulbs bc I was just using the 100w before but it seems the 150w basking is too much.
Idk where I read it but I though juvies needed 110 basking... his rough hatch date is early October late September.

the tank is 36x18x18.

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here’s some different pictures. I think with me messing with the tank is stressing with him but I want to get it done right.

He doesn’t seem to be closing his eyes from the uvb.

Attachments

• 43A27A31-4F15-4EC5-A2A9-12877B2A8F29.jpeg
    43A27A31-4F15-4EC5-A2A9-12877B2A8F29.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 76AC7B2B-A62B-44A3-927B-42A0C74F60E1.jpeg
    76AC7B2B-A62B-44A3-927B-42A0C74F60E1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here’s some pictures as well. One is of the temp sensor I have plugged in line for the heat lamp so if we’re not home it doesn’t fry him. It doesn’t seem to read as accurately as I’d hope.

I included a picture of the probe within the net to show its placement.

also I took a reading at the same area with my temp gun then a reading at the little log and then his back.

Attachments

• 4107302D-7EB0-47D2-A615-6D76ECDD9C2D.jpeg
    4107302D-7EB0-47D2-A615-6D76ECDD9C2D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • E31780DC-0D6D-4A6D-BA6B-90E33BF509A1.jpeg
    E31780DC-0D6D-4A6D-BA6B-90E33BF509A1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 410EAFAD-0052-489F-9820-8AA2F45D50C0.jpeg
    410EAFAD-0052-489F-9820-8AA2F45D50C0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 91AA880C-A7B6-4144-B373-4966F48A438E.jpeg
    91AA880C-A7B6-4144-B373-4966F48A438E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I bought some 150w basking bulbs bc I was just using the 100w before but it seems the 150w basking is too much.
Idk where I read it but I though juvies needed 110 basking... his rough hatch date is early October late September.

the tank is 36x18x18.
Get a basking temp w/ the 100 watt bulb the older the dragon gets the less hot they like so it's good to offer a heat gradient- what uvb are you using? You need proper placement

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here’s some different pictures. I think with me messing with the tank is stressing with him but I want to get it done right.

He doesn’t seem to be closing his eyes from the uvb.
He should not close his eyes w/ the UVB your using- the infrared temp gun your using is incorrect for the hammock you need a digital probe thermometer place the probe on the hammock where he sits wait 10 minutes get temp-- the UVB is a T 5 or T 8 those bulb require different distances

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
He should not close his eyes w/ the UVB your using- the infrared temp gun your using is incorrect for the hammock you need a digital probe thermometer place the probe on the hammock where he sits wait 10 minutes get temp-- the UVB is a T 5 or T 8 those bulb require different distances
It’s a t5.

I was mentioning his eyes bc I read people said that was a sign of too much uvb.
I have a digital probe and it’s in the first picture and I included a picture where the probe is in the hammock

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s a t5.

I was mentioning his eyes bc I read people said that was a sign of too much uvb.
I have a digital probe and it’s in the first picture and I included a picture where the probe is in the hammock
No pic didn't show- please have a basking decor piece directly under the UVB approx 12-15 inches

honhon

Bearded Dragon Egg
No pic didn't show- please have a basking decor piece directly under the UVB approx 12-15 inches
I whipped up some small brackets out of some scrap wood laying around and painted them black to match and secured them to the screen surround.

with all the people saying how powerful t5s are I didn’t feel comfortable with my initial mounting inside the tank.

will this be a good setup? The tank is 18” tall. I’ll probably have to adjust the net up some tomorrow when he wakes up.

Attachments

• 14224521-EDCE-4C21-87D3-4441BA685CCD.jpeg
    14224521-EDCE-4C21-87D3-4441BA685CCD.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10