• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tile flooring

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi! I'm getting new tanks for my bearded dragons and I really would like to do a tile flooring I just want to make sure that its won't be bad to their health and if their are specific things I should use to make sure its safe for them.

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Hi! I'm getting new tanks for my bearded dragons and I really would like to do a tile flooring I just want to make sure that its won't be bad to their health and if their are specific things I should use to make sure its safe for them.
We tiled our enclosure. And I think it’s great. I have not run across anyone saying it is bad for their health. In fact, I think several people prefer it and are very happy with it. Not everyone of course. I like it because it’s easy to clean, keeps her nails trimmed down, and bugs don’t get under it like they would carpet or other. We grouted it so they can’t get between the tiles. Not to mention it looks really nice! Good luck with whatever you decide! This is ours . And she seems happy with it.

Attachments

• 37913207-2515-43DC-A1CD-2F28AD09D8EE.jpeg
    37913207-2515-43DC-A1CD-2F28AD09D8EE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 126

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That looks wonderful and no I just thought I read somewhere that they shouldn’t be shinny or glossed over because that could be bad for their health and if there was a specific or safer grouting to use. But thank you for your help and the picture they were both very helpful

RastaMaDukes

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We tiled our enclosure. And I think it’s great. I have not run across anyone saying it is bad for their health. In fact, I think several people prefer it and are very happy with it. Not everyone of course. I like it because it’s easy to clean, keeps her nails trimmed down, and bugs don’t get under it like they would carpet or other. We grouted it so they can’t get between the tiles. Not to mention it looks really nice! Good luck with whatever you decide! This is ours . And she seems happy with it.
Nice cage/enclosure! I'd think it's too slippery. So I prefer the terrarium liner substrate. Best for traction when hunting crickets. The tile looks great but seems it will get too cold at night.

CaHarding

Juvenile Dragon
Nice cage/enclosure! I'd think it's too slippery. So I prefer the terrarium liner substrate. Best for traction when hunting crickets. The tile looks great but seems it will get too cold at night.
Thank you! It’s not slippery at all. We got the kind that has some texture to it. So she does great on it. And they retain some of the heat at lights out. But then at that point we have a ceramic heat emitter with a thermostat. To each their own yea? I think there’s some positives and downsides to each! I never tried the liner myself but I could see that working as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have tile in mine its textured slated ceramic tile - mine does not retain heat --- I got it from Home Depot it is not grouted in its layed in loose w/ some thick blue shop paper towels underneath so I can pull them for cleaning -- works great for catching the watery urate --- tile is cleaned w/ a vinegar/ water 50/50 solution -- make sure you have it cut w/ a tile cutter so the edges are not jagged

marzipanbaby

Hatchling Dragon
Hi! Where did you get the tiles you used in your cage? They look great!