• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Throwing up??

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
When I went to turn on zuris lights this morning I noticed what looked like she threw up all her mealworms and superworms from the past couple days...I'm not really sure what to do

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Here is some more info...she's housed in a 40 gallon tank has reptile carpet for substrate gets mustard greens kale and collard greens daily has a multivitamin calcium and probiotic given thru out the week she also gets mealworms superworms and dubia roaches. Her temps at night are about 75ish and during the day mid 90s to low 100s she has a heat lamp and a uvb light.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Around 10 months I read online you can use pedilyte and make a half water half pedilyte bath and soak them for around 20-30 mins

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Up her temp to 110 degrees. Throwing up can be a sign that they aren't digesting their food properly and they need the higher temps to digest.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Try the next one up that you have. The 150 might be too high but 125 or 100 might do the trick.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Should I do a cermaic heat emitter or just a good ole heat lightbulb I mean I don't really have a problem with the temperatures at night right now but it will be getting colder now here in wisconsin....decisions decisions

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I just spent 5 hours in a cell phone store! Just use a heat lightbulb for now. Use the CHE if the temps get below 65 in the tank at night.

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Have a random thought I got higher wattage lightbulbs but it didn't really raise the temps like I thought it would only by like 5 or 6 degrees now they are still in the high 80s low 90s I have a heat resistant screen top do you think that could be blocking out of heat I am kind of shocked that now she has higher wattage bulbs and the temps still aren't high enough and I got my other dragon some new lights same size tank but his was made kinda ghetto but it does the job and his temps are higher than zuris he has a 150 and a 75 watt bulb and his are low 90s and zuri has 2 150 watts and hers are lower

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think it's your lid then. There's no reason that a 150w bulb wouldn't get the basking area hot enough. Bulbs are funny though. I had a 150 in Dexters tank and it was way too hot so I tried 100, still hot now I'm down to 75 and it's perfect. Luci's tank though has a 150 in it and it's barely getting to the right temp. Same size tanks, basking spots are on the same side of the tank. The only thing I can think of is Luci's wood might be a smidge lower than Dexters.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
Mine done that as well as soon as I fed him came back and he had thrown it all back up.. Tried to raise his temp with a bath and as soon as I placed him into the tank he started seizing.. The temps in the tank were spot on but why this.. Done some reading and found out my uvb wasn't putting enough out so tried a all in one uva,uvb,heat bulb I won't use anything else {IMO} they are life savers.. The mercury vapor bulbs will last to up to a year.. Plenty of heat for a 40 breeder.. Get you one then go to Lowes and get a 300w as I call them a chicken light its wider then the zoomed lights which will give you a bigger basking area

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Hmmm that's interesting yeah she has one all in one light which is I think 125w or 150w and a regular heat light...it's frustrating cuz I know my wattage should be fine but for whatever reason my temps are poop

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
She has the double dome light thing going on but I think I'm going to get individual ones that way I can get them closer and that fixture has seen better days anyway

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
I had the double one too. Then tried the single and no luck lights kept going out then bought the one in the link I sent you. heat from it depleats after 48 hours of run time and drops about 10 degrees bottom of my tank used to be 110 its 84 at the bottom now and don't really change but 110 8 inches away which is where my guys basking spot is

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
So I got a 10.5 inch light dome fixture for her all in one massive light and that was the only size I found that would fit it but now I am able to put it closer and it has helped a lot still not where it should be but in the low 90s now instead of the 80s so improvement :)