• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temperament Has Changed

Rene K.

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 2.5 year old female. She has been hand raised since a tiny hatchling and has always been sweet, never minded being held/picked up and loved being out of her enclosure. About three weeks ago she started laying unfertilized eggs. She laid six and then stopped. Ever since then she has been very aggressive and refuses to eat. (Eggs were removed from enclosure) If you even try to touch her she gets mad. We took her to the vet to make sure she did not have any eggs stuck causing her distress. She is clear of eggs so the vet gave her calcium and hydrated her. We have a regimen of meds that we brought home along with a food that has to be injected into her mouth with a syringe. Nothing has changed...she's still aggressive. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Any advice or suggestions? We're beginning to lose hope.

Rene K.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I have never had this happen to me. Is she acting better now I know it has been a while.
Hello, and yes she is back to her normal temperament. Her first go-round laying unfertilized eggs made her very sick. The meds the vet gave us helped and she started eating again. It seemed we just got her back to normal and she started laying eggs again! She's laid 10 so far since last week. We're watching her closely for any signs of distress. I can't believe she's laying eggs again so soon! I hope this is not our new normal now.