• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tank lid

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi there...another question I have a 60 gallon tank... approx 36''L BY 18'' W 18'' DEEP, I dont have a tank lid on it currently, I got her about a week and a half ago the woman I got her the tank form didnt have a lid, do I need one? can she actually jump out? I dont have anything close to the top right now... and I have her lamps clamped to the side of her cage but they go down into her cage is this ok...Ive seen a few other vivs and ppl have their bulbs in the cage also, is this ok? I would eventually like to get her a lid so I can build up her cage and have a few higher levels but Im afraid the she will fall she has almost a couple times which freaks me out and Im afraid to have anything to high. So I will post pics soon and maybe someone can give me some feedback, but hopefully someone can help at the moment. thanks again

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recommend getting a lid. Not only does it keep the heat in the viv, it is a protector against the lamps and jumping. Beardies can jump, so make sure your furniture is low enough so that yours cannot hurt himself trying to jump out. Another point to make is a lid keeps household insects from getting in your viv. Although nothing is full proof, it helps reduce the chances.

As far as lamps in the viv, as long as they are not within a distance of the beardie getting burned.

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok...so what does a 40 breeder mean? sorry...lol Im new at this. does it mean its only 40 gallon?