• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tail rot?

Amlflute

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi every! Could you tell me if you think my beardie has tail rot?

Attachments

• 20200717_140418.jpg
    20200717_140418.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 20200717_140418.jpg
    20200717_140418.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi every! Could you tell me if you think my beardie has tail rot?
Hello, it's kind of hard to tell from the photos but if I had to guess I would say yes but it would be better if you can get more photos. Also I would suggest not using sand as it can cause impaction.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes, that bearded dragon most likely has tail rot, though it kind of looks like it just has a dark tail. If it does have tail rot, soak the tail in betadine mixed with warm water for 5 minutes, twice a day. Once in the morning, and once before you go to sleep. Continue that process for a month. If the problem persists, continue with the treatment for another month or until you see it clear up. If it doesn't stop after that, go see a vet that has experience with bearded dragons or any lizard. Hope this helps!