• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Alex G

Bearded Dragon Egg
i recently came back from a two week holiday. I had left clear instructions for my family to look after my beardie (barbara) yet somehow i came home and the fat pads on her tail and head have sunk. Shes lost a lot of weight recently as she has been laying eggs however she’s never lost this much. Can i please get some help on how to fatten her up again? Ive been giving her veggies and crickets every day and including worms and fruits in her salads every now and then and I’m a little concerned that the problem goes beyond her diet. Am i doing something wrong? And how do i know if she needs vet attention?
Thanks guys.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
If you can afford it, I'd say see the vet, just on general principal, since you're concerned about Barbara's condition. You can also try giving her (syringe-feeding) Oxbow Critical Care with maybe some added calcium since she's been laying (they have carnivore and herbivore and possibly omnivore - not sure, as it's been a while since I ordered them). Flukers ReptiBoost is similar to the carnivore care. :0)

Melanie White

Bearded Dragon Egg
i recently came back from a two week holiday. I had left clear instructions for my family to look after my beardie (barbara) yet somehow i came home and the fat pads on her tail and head have sunk. Shes lost a lot of weight recently as she has been laying eggs however she’s never lost this much. Can i please get some help on how to fatten her up again? Ive been giving her veggies and crickets every day and including worms and fruits in her salads every now and then and I’m a little concerned that the problem goes beyond her diet. Am i doing something wrong? And how do i know if she needs vet attention?
Thanks guys.

She's probably dehydrated, definitely Up her calcium and give her fatty worms like superworms, butter worms, roaches. Take her to the vet if she doesn't get better soon!!