• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Suitable enclosure?

hannah.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I’m looking into getting a bearded dragon and I was wondering if this enclosure is suitable? I was looking at starter kits and other enclosures and decided to get everything separately as most of the kits had unsuitable items or some missing. Its an exo Terra viv and it’s 90 x 45 x 30 cm. I know the minimum is 40 gallons but here in the uk we usually don’t measure tanks and enclosures in gallons and I looked all over google to find the size of a 40 gallon tank but I kept getting different answers and now I don’t know which one to believe. Here’s a photo of the viv. If it’s not suitable could anyone let me know what the minimum in cm is for a bearded dragon enclosure so I can go from there. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1CD65CFF-F7F6-4B15-9ECF-5231D6A46E3E.png
    1CD65CFF-F7F6-4B15-9ECF-5231D6A46E3E.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! I’m looking into getting a bearded dragon and I was wondering if this enclosure is suitable? I was looking at starter kits and other enclosures and decided to get everything separately as most of the kits had unsuitable items or some missing. Its an exo Terra viv and it’s 90 x 45 x 30 cm. I know the minimum is 40 gallons but here in the uk we usually don’t measure tanks and enclosures in gallons and I looked all over google to find the size of a 40 gallon tank but I kept getting different answers and now I don’t know which one to believe. Here’s a photo of the viv. If it’s not suitable could anyone let me know what the minimum in cm is for a bearded dragon enclosure so I can go from there. Thank you!
A 40 gallon breeder tank is in inches 36x18x16 you do not want a tank that is 16" tall you want it atleast 18 inches its going to be hard to get a UVB inside the tank if you haft to w/ a 16" tall tank --- according to the centimeters to inches the tank is only 11 inches tall that is too low -- you want a height of at least 18" inches --- so you want a tank that is actually bigger than a 40 gallon to be honest --- a full size dragon optimal tank size is a 4x2x2 or a 120 gallon tank

hannah.

Bearded Dragon Egg
A 40 gallon breeder tank is in inches 36x18x16 you do not want a tank that is 16" tall you want it atleast 18 inches its going to be hard to get a UVB inside the tank if you haft to w/ a 16" tall tank --- according to the centimeters to inches the tank is only 11 inches tall that is too low -- you want a height of at least 18" inches --- so you want a tank that is actually bigger than a 40 gallon to be honest --- a full size dragon optimal tank size is a 4x2x2 or a 120 gallon tank
Oh okay thank you for the info!!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sadie is right, ive heard of people getting 75gallon enclosures, but even those are kinda small, my beardie is 20 inches long(and id say she’s on the smaller end of beardies) i cant remember who can ship to the uk, but the 3 top enclosures I know of are “toad ranch’s drahon pagoda” “Carolina custom cages” “zen habitats 4x2x2” these are pricey, so if you have limited funds you might want to look into diy, or look on ebay for someone leaving the hobby.