• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stuck shed!

Tina W.

Hatchling Dragon
Hello, I am a new dragon owner and my baby has stuck shed on some of her toes. I have soaked her a few times a week for 5 to 10 minutes at a time as that is all she will tolerate. I've tried using a soft toothbrush. I have now started putting a teeny tiny bit of vitamin E on her toes. Nothing is working! I'm about to start panicking. Any suggestions? I've heard of shed ease but know nothing about it or if it works. She sheds just fine everywhere else. Thanks in advance.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I am a new dragon owner and my baby has stuck shed on some of her toes. I have soaked her a few times a week for 5 to 10 minutes at a time as that is all she will tolerate. I've tried using a soft toothbrush. I have now started putting a teeny tiny bit of vitamin E on her toes. Nothing is working! I'm about to start panicking. Any suggestions? I've heard of shed ease but know nothing about it or if it works. She sheds just fine everywhere else. Thanks in advance.
Shed ease does not work please post a pic of the toes

Tina W.

Hatchling Dragon
Have you tried food grade coconut oil?
Not yet, although I do have some. I worry about the oil and UV causing burns. I've been trying to desensitized her feet so as she gets bigger I will be able to cut her nails without too much problem but she's still real fussy about her feet at the moment. Should I put the coconut oil on, wait then soak or soak then oil. I've been soaking, brushing then oil.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, will do but patience please as I'm not real tech savvy.
Generally just spritzing him in the tank twice a day can help loosen the shed. Most sheds come off naturally + don''t really need anything to aid them. Some oils can actually burn the dragon under the heat lamp. If you use anything, try pure aloe gel with no added ingredients.

Latest posts