• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stuck shed on head!?!?

Spike23

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, recently my bearded dragon was shedding and i noticed she had some stuck shed on his head. I think its stuck shed because it is discolored in a strange way. Is it possible that this is normal colors that are just wierd or is it shed. I have already given her a warm bath and gently rubbed his head. It appears the discoloration is around her fat pads. Please give me suggestions or an opinion based on the images
IMG_6958.jpg
IMG_6956.jpg
below. Thanks!IMG_6960.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6960.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 31

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Honestly I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Sometimes it just takes them a bit to prep their skin for shedding. All 3 of my beardies are getting ready to shed and even with regular baths it has just started to peal after a week and a half. Still give him a bath around 3 times a week it will definitely help and once the shed is ready to come off it will.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Sometimes it does not look ready to come off when in reality, it is a way loser than it looks.

With that being said, VERY CAREFULLY take some tweezers and just gently scrape the opposite direction of the dragon's scale pattern. If it is ready, it won't take any force at all, it will just peel right off. My bearded dragon has a piece of stuck shed on his eye and I was scared to peel it off but it came off so easily with no pain at all.

Heather R Barrett

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, recently my bearded dragon was shedding and i noticed she had some stuck shed on his head. I think its stuck shed because it is discolored in a strange way. Is it possible that this is normal colors that are just wierd or is it shed. I have already given her a warm bath and gently rubbed his head. It appears the discoloration is around her fat pads. Please give me suggestions or an opinion based on the images View attachment 24367View attachment 24365below. Thanks!View attachment 24366
Also you can buy shed ease to out in their bath. I would just keep and eye on it see if it changes.