• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stressed Beardie

ugvomi

Bearded Dragon Egg
New Tank Acclimation

I got my baby a bigger tank, 20gallon to a 50gallon. Since the day I put her in the tank, she’s been lethargic and hasn’t eaten much other than her live food. I noticed she could barely jump and her back legs seemed so be almost weak. I got her a T8 UVB light and a new calcium bottle. I gave her a bath in case she was constipated, she’s gotten slightly better. I took her to the vet yesterday and she had an x-ray done. The vet said nothing was wrong with her and there’s no sign of MBD. She was fine before I ever moved her into her new tank,what else could she possibly have? Stress? She’s also having a constant swallowing problem. She’s also shedding.

Attachments

• 9F493297-8F9A-4370-9840-716DBA891E89.jpeg
    9F493297-8F9A-4370-9840-716DBA891E89.jpeg
    884.7 KB · Views: 9

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, May we see pictures of her setup please? Something may be in her tank stressing her, can u please go over diet and supplements aswell please, just a quick rundown , coil Uvbs are bad , her basking spot needs to be 100-104 , her cooler area needs to be 70-80, make shure she can escape the light with multiple hides, she needs atleast 2 different vitamins/supplements, she needs calcium (d3 is especially important for them) if her lights arnt right then she cant digest her food, bugs she should be getting are (roaches, crickets, bsfl, mealworms in moderation) theres lots of people on here with excellent advice please dont just take my word for it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Backgrounds inside tanks are important too(bD hate seeing their reflections in glass) make shure ur taking ur temps with probes, stick ons and ir guns dont work great and can give inaccurate readings.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
New Tank Acclimation

I got my baby a bigger tank, 20gallon to a 50gallon. Since the day I put her in the tank, she’s been lethargic and hasn’t eaten much other than her live food. I noticed she could barely jump and her back legs seemed so be almost weak. I got her a T8 UVB light and a new calcium bottle. I gave her a bath in case she was constipated, she’s gotten slightly better. I took her to the vet yesterday and she had an x-ray done. The vet said nothing was wrong with her and there’s no sign of MBD. She was fine before I ever moved her into her new tank,what else could she possibly have? Stress? She’s also having a constant swallowing problem. She’s also shedding.
Where is the T 8 and does it have clear plastic cover over the bulb? If it does take it off and if its on top of your screen you need to get it into the tank --- T 8' are not strong enough to go thru the screen -- basking decor needs to be directly under the T 8 6-8 inches --- this is going to help w/ the behavior -- eating and moving around -- its good she is in good health and you want to keep her that way and correct placement w/ the UVB is going to prevent further health issues -- I would recommend upgrading the T 8 to a T 5 here when you can but for now the T 8 is good - also the bulb will need to be changed out in around 5 months or so from when you installed it -- swallowing problems ? Does she have any mucous from the mouth or nose ? Is she doing it constantly ? What is the humidity level in the tank ? If its above 20% and below 70% your good - optimal is 35-50% -- Shedding can cause them to be off their eating plus the recent move shes going to go thru relocation stress -- if you can post a video record on youtube and post the link of her doing the swallowing thing

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Please get her a least a 75 gallon and better a 120 gallon they will not do well in 50 gallon it is way to small. Please and use the 50 gallon for feeders so it would not be a waste