• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stress or something else?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Using thermostat - so basking spot got 40'C all the time. T5 is inside of vivarium 13 inches above basking spot. Tho I've noticed that's he eating lots of green but live insects are not that much interesting for him.
What are you using for staple feeder?

Hannah de Graaff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Bearded dragons can go into brummation at this time of year. This can last upto two months. If he/she is starting to brummate then weigh your beardy and check the weight every two weeks. So long as they don't start loosing some serious weight it's ok.

Hannah de Graaff

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also a bearded dragon can go without food for two weeks no problems. In the wild they don't always get to find food. Lighting and temperatures are extremely important. So long as he/she is eating something that's good. You could also try getting the poop tested for parasites. They can also effect their appetite.

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
What are you using for staple feeder?
Calci worms , dubias roaches , locus and black/brown crickets.
What are you using for substrate?
Its a Clay mixed with red bedding
Bearded dragons can go into brummation at this time of year. This can last upto two months. If he/she is starting to brummate then weigh your beardy and check the weight every two weeks. So long as they don't start loosing some serious weight it's ok.
I think he's to young for brumation .

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is definitely too young for brumation --- keep offering the different insects -- I find it odd that hes eating more veggies at this time and not insects -- what are you dusting the insects w/ ?

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
20201029_123117.jpg

Was using Nutri Cal, now I'm mixing Nutrobalance (vitamins) with calci-dust

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
per gram its 400mg calcium and vitamins A C E D3, K3 and group B. Phosphorus is a 0.50%

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
per gram its 400mg calcium and vitamins A C E D3, K3 and group B. Phosphorus is a 0.50%
The vitamins need to contain beta carotene (a precursor to vitamin A), not vitamin A itself. Feeding a vitamin that contains vitamin A can lead to vitamin toxicity. Signs of toxicity are lethargy, weight loss, and refusing to eat. Switch to a vitamin using beta carotene as soon as you can.