• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stress marks??

ScottTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is that his pattern or are those stress marks? A buddy came over and said he must be really stressed look at those stress marks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419518817513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419518817513.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some do call them stress marks. My girl has them when she's sleeping. The only time she doesn't have them is when she's very warm. I don't know. They may be indicative of stress but I think other behaviours need to be assessed in conjunction with the belly patterns. So that's a definitive maybe

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes, they call them stress marks but I agree with Canicke, you need to take in other factors at the time you see the marks. My boy Luci also gets them while he sleeps and his body cools off. Once he warms up they go away.

ScottTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanx guys, but They never go away. They have been there from the day I got him in September. I'm just worried he's been stressing out this while time and if so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Check your ambient heat. Check your basking heat. How old is he? Is the Viv open on three sides? Try covering up all but the front- give him a little extra security. Nothing fancy paper bags work. Do you have other animals? Can he see them? Is his home in a busy corridor?do you have kids running around? Or other noise?how often do you take him out? How long is he out? Is he losing weight? How is his appetite? Is he pooping regularly? What's his diet?all of the above are possible variables. He actually doesn't look too bad to me. My boy looks like that most of the time and I've had him for 2 years. He also may be picking up on your stress. Relax and enjoy the journey.