• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stinky

Lonwolf

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon, quesa-dilla is about 5 months old, and I'm finding him more and more stinky, I bathe him most nights, but it doesn't help, anyone know of some ways to help with odor

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon, quesa-dilla is about 5 months old, and I'm finding him more and more stinky, I bathe him most nights, but it doesn't help, anyone know of some ways to help with odor
What kind of substrate are you using? Does he run thru his poop? You can try and use some unscented baby shampoo to bath its not going to help w/ the smell but it will help get the yuck off --- it is not good to bath dragons too much and daily is too much -- it will dry his scales out

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
It is most likely the tank, not the dragon. I would spray down the tank every day with a vinegar water solution, and maybe add a little lavender essential oils to the cleaner… and vacuum every other day at least.

Agreeing with Sadie about bathing. I bathe my beardie twice a week.

Lonwolf

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay thanks for the tips, I use porcelain tiles for substrate and clean his cage every night, with a deep clean at the end of each week, what are the water to vinegar portions you use

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
In a plastic spray bottile I put 1/4 cup vinegar and fill it with water. I also add 3 drops of lavender essential oils, If you want it to smell (not like vinegar). Good Luck! :)

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I use 50/50 water and vinegar to clean my dragon's tanks. They get soaked when they are shedding and twice a month.