• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spike

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
the other day lol spike sat at the front of the tank and arm waved for like 15 min it was so funny i pulled out my phone and tried to record him but he stoped then when i put it down he started again lol what is up with that

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
It's a sign of submission (also very adorable :D). Mine does it, but rarely. He also does this little arm wave and twitch when he is stalking prey. He'll lift an arm and lean forward, then twitch his little fingers before he strikes. Diabolical AND cute. :cool:

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
he has nothing to be submissive to lol he is all by his self and he does that also then when he gets done him bobs his head

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Interesting. Head bobbing is the exact opposite. Usually in reptiles it's a sign of aggression. Does his beard get darker at all? Are there any other animals in the room, or things that could stress him out? Even weird things like toys that move can do that to them. Of course he may have just been in a bad mood. :) Any ideas? This may be a good one for the experts to answer.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
he has nothing to be submissive to lol he is all by his self and he does that also then when he gets done him bobs his head
They'll arm wave and head bob at their own reflections, or if you put a new rock in their enclosure, or if they see you move in a bobbing fashion at all.... really, it could be a number of things. Sometimes they'll head bob when it's mating season and they're feeling frisky... even if there's no opposite gender dragon around.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Young BDs often wave a lot for no particular reason. It can be a sign of submission in older BDs. Some of mine ...

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
yall listen to this now this is crazy i put my crickets in calcium dust and put them in spikes tank and a little bit of dust fell into his tank and he licked it up like candy!!

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
i got spike to eat his first green i feel like such a good mama im so proud!!!!! i wanted to take a picture but i didnt want to move im so happy!!!!