• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spicy, the juvenile bearded dragon.

ilikepickles:)

Bearded Dragon Egg
A99D2291-865A-4925-B260-B26ACB0E1DB2.jpeg

Hello everyone! This is Spicy, we have no idea what it’s gender is. I usually refer to him as a he. He likes crickets and mealworms, but has not tried actual fruits and veggies. He basks for a few hours, but after, he likes to hang out on the cool side and play around. The next photo is his enclosure, I’ve been meaning to get more stuff for it. Please give suggestions. I have two heatlamps, one baking lightbulb, one UVA/UVB lightbulb (cool side), two thermostats, two food dishes, one for water, and a hiding place/basking perch with a bridge on the cool side. His bedtime is 7:30 P.M. (CST USA) and he wakes up when I wake up.

Attachments

• 27ADE9EC-E1A1-43E1-8F01-F542B39CE2F7.jpeg
    27ADE9EC-E1A1-43E1-8F01-F542B39CE2F7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) if you have any questions please do ask they’re lots of helpful people here with good advice, if i may ? What kind of uvb bulb is that? If its a coil uvb get that out asap they cause eye problems and can hurt your baby, meal worms can be hard for babies to digest I wouldn’t use them tbh, order him some B.S.F.L from symtombsf.com and opt for the large , small are too small, these are really good for babies and they dont need to be calcium dusted. Hes very cute and i like his name,

ilikepickles:)

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum :) if you have any questions please do ask they’re lots of helpful people here with good advice, if i may ? What kind of uvb bulb is that? If its a coil uvb get that out asap they cause eye problems and can hurt your baby, meal worms can be hard for babies to digest I wouldn’t use them tbh, order him some B.S.F.L from symtombsf.com and opt for the large , small are too small, these are really good for babies and they dont need to be calcium dusted. Hes very cute and i like his name,
Thank you for telling me about the issues with coils!!! I have a coiled bulb for the UVA/UVB light. I will order a new one ASAP. As for the mealworms, I will stop feeding him those. I knew about the digestive part, but I make the mealworms softer by cutting them just a bit. I will buy BSF larvae from now on. Do I still keep the BSFL in the fridge?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for telling me about the issues with coils!!! I have a coiled bulb for the UVA/UVB light. I will order a new one ASAP. As for the mealworms, I will stop feeding him those. I knew about the digestive part, but I make the mealworms softer by cutting them just a bit. I will buy BSF larvae from now on. Do I still keep the BSFL in the fridge?
I keep mine at room temp, idk if they should be kept in the fridge.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
View attachment 26174
Hello everyone! This is Spicy, we have no idea what it’s gender is. I usually refer to him as a he. He likes crickets and mealworms, but has not tried actual fruits and veggies. He basks for a few hours, but after, he likes to hang out on the cool side and play around. The next photo is his enclosure, I’ve been meaning to get more stuff for it. Please give suggestions. I have two heatlamps, one baking lightbulb, one UVA/UVB lightbulb (cool side), two thermostats, two food dishes, one for water, and a hiding place/basking perch with a bridge on the cool side. His bedtime is 7:30 P.M. (CST USA) and he wakes up when I wake up.
Yes welcome! Adorable little dragon and I see Spicy is lazing on a sock LOL

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes welcome! Adorable little dragon and I see Spicy is lazing on a sock LOL
View attachment 26174
Welcome to the forum! Hi Spicy. Adorable! The sock kills me and is too cute. hahahahahahahahaha