• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sore on bearded dragon

Emilyruth

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon jumped up at his basking light today and now he has an open sore on the tip on his mouth. does anyone know why he might be jumping at his light and any suggestions on what I should do about the sore to keep it from getting infected? Does that mean it's too hot in his cage?

Attachments

• 20200215_120114.jpg
    20200215_120114.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200215_120107.jpg
    20200215_120107.jpg
    928.7 KB · Views: 33

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Don't know about the jumping, but you can put some Manuka honey or raw unfiltered honey on the sore, as long as you don't leave any (potentially biting) feeder insects in the enclosure overnight.
As far as whether it's too hot, what are your temps (basking surface, hot side ambient, cool side ambient), and how are you measuring them? :0)

Emilyruth

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks! I'll try the manuka honey. The basking side was around 90 today. I have a thermometer from petsmart. I don't have a thermometer for the cool side but I ordered a digital one today.