• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Something in my beardie's nose?

cricket05

Hatchling Dragon
Had Murray out today, and it looked like a bit of flaky skin on his nostril...his tail is molting right now, but not around his head. I gently touched the edge of the flake, and it moved -- so I did it again and it pulled out of his nostril. So the end was a flake/dry skin and what had been inside the nostril was a yellow formed substance (it kind of looked like a spiral). Do Bearded Dragons get boogies?? Or can they get things stuck in their nose? I just want to make sure he is not sick... :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
NOSE PLUG! Perfectly normal :)

Their noses shed just like the rest of their body and they get plugs that come out of their nose. They look very uncomfortable like they can't breathe with them in there but they are normal. You can rub your hand over them and if they come out that's okay but don't intentionally pull them out. There is a small little piece of cartilage over their nostril and if you pull the skin out you risk the chance of pulling that out too.