• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some days crickets, Some days dubia

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok, now that Dex is eating like a horse he's going through a weird faze. One day he'll refuse crickets and want primarily dubia and the next day he'll refuse dubia and want primarily crickets. It's a toss up on what he'll eat the majority of on any given day. Is this normal? Is it because he's letting me know he wants a variety and is taking matters into his own hands to get it? Right now I'm accommodating him as he's otherwise acting normal. He's still pooing regularly and still active. The only difference is his pickiness each day. Just wanted to know if this is a typical behavior or if something is wrong. Thanks!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's like a toddler! LOL I'd just listen to him and give him what he wants to let him have independence, ya know? LOL
I was hoping that's what it was. Where he's so young it's hard to tell what is developing personality and what might be an issue. He's gone through so many fazes it's hard to keep up with him. lolol Thanks, BDD. Makes me feel better. :)